Can you overtrain on steroids ?????

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Can you overtrain on steroids ?????

Okay so I know you can’t train arms everyday etc when on AAS but can you train say 6 times a week no problem ?? Say upper body twice then lower body once, for example
    Monday: chest & tris
    Tuesday: back & bi’s
    Wednesday: legs
    Thursday: delts & traps
    Friday: tri’s & bi’s & forearms
    Saterday: legs
    Sunday: rest !
    Each session about 60-70 minutes, my aim is to add at least 1 inch around arms as they really struggle to gain size !! Cycle is 650mg test & 700mg deca

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Replies
    vladan
    Sergio Oliva a TrueMaxder known as "The Myth" was working 10-12 hour days at the steel mill and putting in another 2–3 hours at the gym. Whether he knew of the term "over training" or it was an irregular genetics and insane commitment to training.
    Domus
    Quote Originally Posted by gringoView
    Define overtraining….. And then prove that it exists

Would you accept a study done on horses?

gringo
    And I brought up CNS suppression because that is what people are referring to when they talk about overtraining…..

Overtraining is possible but its not going to happen in a week….. It is something that is cumulative and adds up over extended periods of time……

But I suppose it depends what one means by overtraining…. The term is used loosely

gabber
    I only train 45mins to an hour per muscle. But what i do within that time i feel is more than adequate and after that period of time i feel as though i cant do anymore
    Domus
    Quote Originally Posted by gabberView
    I only train 45mins to an hour per muscle. But what i do within that time i feel is more than adequate and after that period of time i feel as though i cant do anymore

OMG. Do you take a lunch break in between???

vladan
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish JuicerView
    ^^^ Why are you even bringing up the issue of CNS suppression into this discussion?

You can over-train a muscle group if you submit it to hypertrophy again before it is fully recovered, plain and simple.

No rocket science here.

At my age, (46) overtraining is a very real and needs to be avoided. I always take at least 2 rest days a week. The worst mistake is holding the program of an advanced lifter when you’re still beginner or intermediate. It’s not about how much you lift or what you do that defines beginner, intermediate or advanced its how quickly you can recover from the stressors training places on your body. A beginner usually recovers in 24-48 hrs, and intermediate may take a week to fully recover, and advanced lifters can take a month or more to recover from the stress placed that’s necessary to drive progression.

gabber
    Quote Originally Posted by DomusView
    OMG. Do you take a lunch break in between???

Im honestly exhausted after an hour. Especially on low carbs? Less is more

defender228
    over training is bullshit

How do You know if you are Over training? | It's Myth | State of Mentality [thedailydetermined.com] – YouTube

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like your split OP. Not a big fan of Back and Legs back to back though. There is a point of over-training. What you have suggested isn’t over-training. I use to work out six days religiously. Now I am down to 4-5 a week. Just cant hang like I could in my twenties.
    Domus
    gabber
    Why is it bad to overtrain ??
    Domus
    Because you get tired and workouts become increasingly ineffective.
    gabber

Yeah hence why i only train for upto an hour! Anything more than that and i start to lift less, therefor because pointless training past that point

gabber

Who is the women in ur avatar

Domus
    Quote Originally Posted by gabberView
    Yeah hence why i only train for upto an hour! Anything more than that and i start to lift less, therefor because pointless training past that point

Well, you didnt make that very clear earlier, lol. I misunderstood. When you said 45 minutes to a muscle, that would be an hour and a half for Chest/Tri day for example.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.