How do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS How do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

I was talking to this man at my gym earlier today. He’s huge, so I asked him what his thoughts were on younger individuals using steroids . He says he’s been cycling ever since 17, each cycle after heavy research to ensure he carried the cycle, AI, and PCT protocols perfectly and abides by the "Time on=Time off rule. He said his blood work dictates he’s recovered completely each time and is a perfectly healthy individual.

My question is, provided you cycle correctly and recover perfectly each time, how do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

I don’t intend to piss anyone off with this thread. Just wanted your view on it

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
  • Replies
    ppwc1985
    Well he is lucky, you never know how it will effect you. To me it’s like playing Russian roulette, you may live you may die. Same with steroids , it may not hurt you but then again it could f…. You up for life. I guess you have to ask yourself is it really worth it. Unless you making your living at it I say no, why take chance just not worth it.

TII
    i believe the system works like a thermostat. there is a set point at which your test level will return to whenever its too high or too low. when the HPTA is immature, this set point is not fixed yet, and cycling now may confuse the HPTA enough to wrongly set itself at a very low level. and this can be permanent.
    Sworder
    The HPTA is more resilient at a younger age from what the bros say!!

Asiandude do you mind furthering your theory on the thermostat HPTA? What do you think happens to decrease levels after cycles? How does the body keep track with age? Do you alter "hormonal age" with steroids ?

Phased
    Quote Originally Posted by SworderView

Asiandude do you mind furthering your theory on the thermostat HPTA? What do you think happens to decrease levels after cycles? How does the body keep track with age? Do you alter "hormonal age" with steroids?

I agree I think it’s easier to recover from a cycle when younger then it is when your older. But that’s just my opinion and exp. Did a cycle when I was 19, no pct, nothing. Then dbol around 20, 3 years later my test was at 1226ng natural.

By no means am I encouraging youth taking gear, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world like people say it is. You make mistakes, you learn from them, and hope to be better for them later. I don’t give people death sentences for young cycles, but I do encourage research and learning, then decide if it’s right for you. Only the individual can chose, and we put no guns to people’s heads here.
    You cannot change anyone, and people will ultimately do what they want no matter what you say.

Best

Sworder
    Quote Originally Posted by PhasedView
    I agree I think it’s easier to recover from a cycle when younger then it is when your older. But that’s just my opinion and exp. Did a cycle when I was 19, no pct, nothing. 3 years my test was at 1226ng natural.
    Best

Very true, there is a lot of misinformation given when people are advised, you can debate if it is justified to give the wrong information to deter a young kid from making a bad decision. Then again do the people that advise this have any background information to make these statements. I wouldn’t advise anybody to cycle if they are not willing to sacrifice their HPTA for it. Below the age of 23, I don’t think the brain has matured enough to make that decision. I don’t think it is right either to use supraphysiological doses of androgens to adark_sideeve a body which is adark_sideevable naturally.. Just my 2ў, call it food for thought!

TII
    what i said is not based on science or research. its my way of thinking so as to understand the overall picture better. i think, in short, you can say its broscience…lol

but this thermostat model can be used to explain many systems that work in our body.

anexample, and the most appropriate one, is thermoregulation. how does our body keep a constant temperature even at very different environmental temp? because somewhere in our brain, there is a fixed point. in a cold environment, the body recognizes it needs to produce more heat or reduce heat loss. vasoconstriction happens in the skin and muscle contract to produce shivering. when its too hot, our body wants to lose excess heat, sweat glands are stimulated and vasodilation happens in the skin.

when you fall sick, the immune system is activated and the set temp is adjusted higher. you get a fever. this might also be due to toxins in the blood stream, but the body actually actively sets a higher temp so that our immune system works slightly better.

come to think about it, almost every system in the body works in this way. everything has a fixed point. deviation from this point is detected, and corrections are made to return to this fixed point.

like i said, this model helps me understand things. it is not based on any particular research paper.

Sworder
    Yes, I know it’s just your personal theory.

How would you explain the "fixed" point changing through out life? Could you also touch on the other questions posed please. Again, I understand it is theory. I have my own and would like to hear yours.

TII
    Quote Originally Posted by SworderView

Asiandude do you mind furthering your theory on the thermostat HPTA?
    (1)What do you think happens to decrease levels after cycles?
    (2)How does the body keep track with age?
    (3)Do you alter "hormonal age" with steroids?

you mean these questions?

Sworder
    Yes, I thought of some more too but lets start with those
    TII
    sex hormones in the body have one main function. for reproduction. this is the same in male and females. estrogen and progesterone in women, and test in men.

as a person grows older and past the reproductive age, sex hormones naturally decrease. menopause is a dramatic step down in female hormones, sudden and drastic. in men, if you believe in the andropause theory, it happens in a more gradual manner. but as a person gets older, the "set point" is gradually lowered. how? i dont know. maybe its just nature.

in young men, the "set point" is much higher. the body wants to produce a lot of test, and like a high level of circulation test. this explains why some younger guys recover from a cycle much easier compared to an older guy. but if the guy is so young that the HPTA is not mature yet (this is my theory again), then the system can be confused and the set point can be incorrectly altered.

for older guys, if the "set point" is already on its way down due to age, recovery from a cycle will be slower, because the set point is already low, the difference between set point and low post-cycle test is not steep.

even in so-called matured HPTA, it doesn’t mean that the set point cannot be messed up. frequent and long cycles can still affect this set point. this is why guys who blast and cruise will likely need trt sometime in the future.

Matt
    In my experience ive never seen a friend or person recover fully over the age of 30, yet the dozen or so people i know between the age of 19 and 27 recover very well every time…

However i don’t believe most 18 to 25 year olds are mentally ready to cycle, just my thoughts…

Sworder
    Yes, I believe that the "set point" is altered by either of two things. First is just cell damage, inability to function as a result of aging or from atrophy induced by AAS. Second is I think that the body "keeps track" of circulating androgens. The counter for this.. Erm, maybe the prostate?

With this I believe you can speed up the "hormonal age" by altering the set point so that ones hormonal age is different than that of actual age. Kind of what you would see in a dark_sideld. As growth plates are exposed to androgens they close and the process of aging is developed in the body.

This is congruent with why men of certain origin which have a higher 5AR activity are shown to decrease in testosterone at an earlier age; while having a very high testosterone level during early adulthood.

Anyway I will further my explanations tomorrow I have to sleep now..

TII
    i like broscience discussions
    death star
    It’s called genetics. Your genes determine how much Testosterone is produced naturally at any given point. This is what sets the ‘thermostat’ for literally every single process in your body, and is what ultimately controls homeostasis. And everyone is programmed through their genetics to produce and maintain different levels of different hormones throughout your life at different ages.

But just like a computer, it doesn’t matter what the programming says if the hardware becomes physically damaged…

Get what i’m saying?

BcK
    Something I read today

Master genes control basic body plans.
    The development of an organism — from a fertilized egg, through embryonic and juvenile stages, to adulthood — requires the coordinated expression of sets of genes at the proper times and in the proper places. Studies of several bizarre mutations in the fruitfly, Drosophila, provided keys to understanding the molecular basis of large-scale developmental plans. Early embryonic genes express proteins that set up the orientation and define the body segments of the fly embryo. Then "homeotic" genes act on the segments to make the body parts distinct to each segment.
    Sequence analysis showed that homeotic genes from Drosophila and vertebrate animals share a 180-nucleotide region, called the homeobox. These homeobox proteins have structures highly similar to the regions of regulatory proteins that bind to DNA promoters and enhancers. Thus, a homeotic protein elicits coordinated expression when the protein binds to a specific promoter or enhancer sequence shared by a number of genes involved in the development of body region or segment.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.