Can you overtrain on steroids ?????

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Can you overtrain on steroids ?????

Okay so I know you can’t train arms everyday etc when on AAS but can you train say 6 times a week no problem ?? Say upper body twice then lower body once, for example
    Monday: chest & tris
    Tuesday: back & bi’s
    Wednesday: legs
    Thursday: delts & traps
    Friday: tri’s & bi’s & forearms
    Saterday: legs
    Sunday: rest !
    Each session about 60-70 minutes, my aim is to add at least 1 inch around arms as they really struggle to gain size !! Cycle is 650mg test & 700mg deca

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Replies
    Dlor
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2k
    Okay so I know you can’t train arms everyday etc when on AAS but can you train say 6 times a week no problem ?? Say upper body twice then lower body once, for example
    Each session about 60-70 minutes, my aim is to add at least 1 inch around arms as they really struggle to gain size !! Cycle is 650mg test & 700mg deca

Ur 21 and doing 650mg of test and 700mg of deca and don’t even know how to set a routine out properly? Stay away from roids till you gain maximum natty muscle. What’s your weight height and bf?

sm2k
    I’m not 21 I’m 24, as for the programme what’s wrong with it as I fail to see Thers anything wrong there ???
    gringo
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2kView

The split you have posted is not too terrible…. However without the nuts and bolt who can say….

Look into a PHAT routine…. Google it….

And I would do 3on 1off 2on 1off…… Or what I’m currently doing 3on 1off…. My current split it below

Lower Body Power
    Push Power
    Pull Power
    Rest
    Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Push Hypertrophy
    Pull Hypertrophy
    Rest
    Repeat…..

sm2k
    Il tell you what that is a good idea having a day for power and a day for hypertrophy, may look into it as my aim is for strength and size. Although do you not think it to be better doing upper body day 1 lower body day 2 and then upper body again day 3 just to give the upper body a rest ? Also I can include arms with each push and pull session yea ?
    Permabulk
    Quote Originally Posted by DlorView
    Ur 21 and doing 650mg of test and 700mg of deca and don’t even know how to set a routine out properly? Stay away from roids till you gain maximum natty muscle. What’s your weight height and bf?

This^ I demand stats. That’s a lot of gear for the questions your asking, man. Yes, you can overtrain on AAS. If your diet and rest is in check then it’s harder than you might think, but different for everyone. I feel like you isolating your arms twice a week is over kill though. They take a beating as it is if you are training hard enough, IMO

gringo
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2kView
    Il tell you what that is a good idea having a day for power and a day for hypertrophy, may look into it as my aim is for strength and size. Although do you not think it to be better doing upper body day 1 lower body day 2 and then upper body again day 3 just to give the upper body a rest ? Also I can include arms with each push and pull session yea ?

You can do the route however you want…. That’s not too important…

What’s important is that it’s a non linear periodization program…. And that you do not train to complete failure…. Instead leave a rep in the tank for ALL sets….

Yes, you can most certainly over-train on steroids and on any other non-steroidal muscle-building compound ever present, such as the peptides BB community often employs. Plain and simple.

gringo
    Overtraining is a state where the CNS is ‘beaten up’…. If you have been working way too hard with too much intensity and volume for an extended period of time there ‘may’ be some CNS ‘suppression’….. However this is pretty much bullshit..

The whole idea of overtraining has come about via the Supplement industry and magazines to make you buy product…. As have most of the other Bro-Science methodologies taken as gospel in this industry…… No supplies there….

^^^ Why are you even bringing up the issue of CNS suppression into this discussion?

You can over-train a muscle group if you submit it to hypertrophy again before it is fully recovered, plain and simple.

No rocket science here.

gabber
    everyone reacts differently.

Most pro TrueMaxders do set muscles on set days, 5/6 days a week, and give them 7 days rest..

vladan
    Not all workouts are for everyone.The training will depend on how advance you are, the biggest mistake of most people is to get a workout from a guy is above your category of training. Over training is real and takes a few months on some cases to get back into a good physical condition after over training.
    Martens
    Training goals need to be realistic. I think the op wrote up a killer work out. The question is if he can recuperate enough to make it beneficial. If he has a physical job then he is really going to be put to task. For me one muscle group trained once a week is fine…..gear or no gear. Remember, you grow outside of the gym.
    gabber
    Quote Originally Posted by MartensView
    Training goals need to be realistic. I think the op wrote up a killer work out. The question is if he can recuperate enough to make it beneficial. If he has a physical job then he is really going to be put to task. For me one muscle group trained once a week is fine…..gear or no gear. Remember, you grow outside of the gym.

You grow outside of the gym yes, but it all counts as to what you do to your muscles in the gym that counts

Domus
    I grow in the gym. Until my pump deflates.
    gringo
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish JuicerView
    ^^^ Why are you even bringing up the issue of CNS suppression into this discussion?

You can over-train a muscle group if you submit it to hypertrophy again before it is fully recovered, plain and simple.

No rocket science here.

Define overtraining….. And then prove that it exists

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.