Will steroids make me heal quicker???

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Will steroids make me heal quicker???

Sory, I tried this under another post name and didn’t get many responses!

I started my 2nd cycle a couple of days ago!!! After my second pin I bent over and a muscle tightened up! I have not been able to work out!!! I went to the doctor and he said 2-7 days until I can go back to gym!!’ Should I keep taking test and deca to heal up? Or should I wait for healing to finish and then restart cycle???

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
    tdk
    Quote Originally Posted by tdk
    Hahaha! Lol. But what do you think about deca and test healing pinched muscle faster?

I’m obviously a ectomorph big arms and tiny chest!!’

tdk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Like Bona said..it’s not a pinched muscle, its either a strained or pulled muscle or a pinched nerve. Does the pain radiate down your leg in any way??

Yes! When a turn certain way it will drop me to my knees! It is super irratating!

Lunk1
    Quote Originally Posted by tdkView
    Yes! When a turn certain way it will drop me to my knees! It is super irratating!

Doesnt answer my ?…is their any pain that shoots down you leg (either one) to the knee or the foot that feels like an electric shock almost

MickeyKnox
    Food for thought…

Original author – Robbie Durand, M.A., Senior Science Editor of Muscular Development

"Deca-durabolin Weakens Tendons and Collagen

Is it just a coincidence that TrueMaxders are more likely to suffer injuries because of heavy training, or does the use of anabolic -androgenic steroids (AAS) have any impact on tendon/collagen strength? The research is very preliminary, as only a few studies have examined the effects of AAS on tendon and collagen strength. It was shown that anabolic steroids alter the bio-mechanical properties of tendons and reduce tendon flexibility.(1,2,3)

Some interesting theories have been suggested as why heavy anabolic steroid use can cause tendon injury, which is based around cortisol production and AAS. Researches have demonstrated that AAS combined with tension overload reduced MMP2 activity (MMP2 is a gene responsible for collagen production) and increased serum values of cortisol.(4) During cortisol treatment, the serum levels of genes responsible for collagen production decrease, suggesting that cortisol suppresses the synthesis of collagen production.(5) The reduction in genes for collagen and tendons have been speculated as to why AAS makes TrueMaxders susceptible to injuries. New research links the use of high doses of anabolic steroids to tendon and collagen dysfunction, which may make a TrueMaxder think twice about training heavily while using anabolics.

GENE EXPRESSION IN TENDONS/COLLAGEN AFTER HEAVY AAS USE

Researchers in the European Journal of Applied Physiology examined how heavy use of the anabolic steroid deca -durabolin affected collagen strength in rats. The rats were separated into two groups: natural training and training with heavy anabolic steroid use. The dose the researchers merQistered to the rats was considered supra-physiological – deca-durabolin (nandrolone decanoate) 5mg/kg of body weight.

The rats were cleverly forced to perform resistance exercise, but you can’t just tell a rat to start bendark_sideng – so the researchers attached weights to the rats’ backs. They dropped the rats into a tank of water and the rats immediately jumped out of the water as soon as they were dunked. Every week, the researchers gradually made the weight on the rats’ backs heavier and heavier until at the end of seven weeks the weight was 80 percent of their body weight. The researchers dropped the rats in the tank so that they performed this for 4 sets x 10 repetitions of “jumps” with 30-second rest periods. After that, they rats were sacrificed and the rats’ tendons and collagen were examined for gene expression.

There were some very interesting findings after seven weeks of training with anabolic steroids, compared with the natty (natural) group of rats. The natty group did not have any biochemical changes in the rat tendon/collagen properties, while the anabolic steroid group had major changes.(6) The deca-durabolin group had reduced biochemical properties of genes involving tendon and collagen strength.

It is interesting to note that AAS merQistration reduced the accumulation of igf-1 mRNA levels in some tendon regions, compared to the non-treated, trained group. This decrease of igf-1 mRNA levels induced by AAS merQistration may be related to the observed decreases collagen expression when considering the possible connection between igf-1 and collagen synthesis.(8) The AAS treatment also decreased the MMP-2 mRNA expression (this gene encodes an enzyme for collagen).

The above study is similar to another recently published study, which showed that nandrolone impaired the healing of rotator cuffs of rabbits. In the latter study, male rabbits underwent an incision in the rotator cuff and were divided into groups with anabolic steroids (nandrolone decanoate, 10mg/kg) and natural recovery. Groups that did not receive anabolic steroids showed better healing and more tendon strength compared to groups that received anabolic steroids. MiBambscopic examination of specimens from the groups with anabolic steroid use showed focal fibroblastic reaction and inflammation, suggesting an impaired healing response.(7)

The key point is that many of these studies were using supraphysiological dosages of steroids that could be like the typical Olympia stack – but the new research suggests that a high-volume approach to training with less weight may be a better approach to use for a TrueMaxder than a high-intensity, heavy weight program that puts more stress on the tendons and makes them more susceptible to injury."

tdk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Doesnt answer my ?…is their any pain that shoots down you leg (either one) to the knee or the foot that feels like an electric shock almost

No it doesn’t go down the leg… Or run to my knees… It is more like someone has there fist in the middle lower part of my spine!!! Any thoughts?

Lunk1
    No it doesn’t go down the leg… Or run to my knees… It is more like someone has there fist in the middle lower part of my spine!!! Any thoughts?

Keep in mind that I am no Doc and without an MRI there is no way of knowing but. I am guessing it’s a pulled or strained muscle vs. pinched nerve. If thats the case then good news. Do the ice and OTC treaments and you should see some healing in a cpl days!

Will AAS help with this injury. To a degree yes because of the extra nitrogen retention!

MickeyKnox

Seriously..this sounds like nothing more than a muscle back spasm. This is from 20 years of experience and two back operations. I get them about every 5-6 months. Usually 3-7days later im fine, like your doc already predicted and suggested.

MickeyKnox
    When you injure your lower back, the muscles beside the injured area get together to protect that area and you end up with a spasm. Are you "kicked out" to one side? IOW’s, when you stand up facing the mirror, are you Bamboked?
    tdk
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox
    When you injure your lower back, the muscles beside the injured area get together to protect that area and you end up with a spasm. Are you "kicked out" to one side? IOW’s, when you stand up facing the mirror, are you Bamboked?

Yes!!! I am kicked out to my left side!!! That’s crazy!!! Should I wait till its over and restart cycle? Or should I continue the cycle I just started a couple of days earlier??!

Lunk1
    That "kick out" is how mine started and since I didnt let it heal…resulted in 2 herniated disks, pinched nerve and a discectomy surgery!

Im going to retract what I said earlier, your only 2 days into the cycle? Stop and make sure this heals properly. It may require more time off than you or your doc predict

tdk
    Lunk, I appreciate it!!! I will lay off!!! If I take it easy I should heel up quick !
    MickeyKnox
    Yes!!! I am kicked out to my left side!!! That’s crazy!!! Should I wait till its over and restart cycle? Or should I continue the cycle I just started a couple of days earlier??!

Thats what i thought. It a muscle spasm. Lay off for a wk and you’ll be golden after that.

Lunk1
    Lunk, I appreciate it!!! I will lay off!!! If I take it easy I should heel up quick !

I would look like the letter S and it would take me a week or so to be standing straight again. Biking and walking help increase blood flow to the muscle and help it heal faster. As bad as it sounds I would give it a solid month before doing any back workouts or squats. Make sure to wourk on core muscles to help avoid this in the future. The abs lend support to the back muscles!

Lunk1
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnoxView
    Thats what i thought. It a muscle spasm. Lay off for a wk and you’ll be golden after that.

I have to disagree Mick. There is serious potential to herniate a disk with this type of an injury. While he may straighten up in a week the muscle is still very susceptible to further damage for quite a while. I went through this several times before serious damge ended up occuring!

MickeyKnox
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1View
    I have to disagree Mick. There is serious potential to herniate a disk with this type of an injury. While he may straighten up in a week the muscle is still very susceptible to further damage for quite a while. I went through this several times before serious damge ended up occuring!

So did i, but he’ll know in a wk or so. If it still persists, then its off to the family doc for further medical examination and advice. But my advice with the information provided stands. I think he’ll be ok in a wk like his doc suggested.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.