How do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS How do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

I was talking to this man at my gym earlier today. He’s huge, so I asked him what his thoughts were on younger individuals using steroids . He says he’s been cycling ever since 17, each cycle after heavy research to ensure he carried the cycle, AI, and PCT protocols perfectly and abides by the "Time on=Time off rule. He said his blood work dictates he’s recovered completely each time and is a perfectly healthy individual.

My question is, provided you cycle correctly and recover perfectly each time, how do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

I don’t intend to piss anyone off with this thread. Just wanted your view on it

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 131 total)
  • Replies
    merQ
    Keymaster
    none
    Very good discussion guys carry on…
    TII
    Quote Originally Posted by *Admin*
    Very good discussion guys carry on…

Whats your view on this, boss?

clob4
    Everyone is different it depends on the individual how and if they recover at a young age, i am also one that started at 18 but never had any problems and shut down was very minimal didnt or doesnt ever really last any longer than a week after cycle …where as some people are waiting weeks to recover properly after cycle my friend is around 6 weeks before he notices hes getting back to normal so it all depends on your body BUT that being said to cycle at a young age is a lottery if your body dont like it then the damage is done then thats it your pretty much screwed and on other meds or trt for life so you do have to be very carefull and not having your dick working but looking the bollocks must be the worst ever feeling lolol so be carefull all be wise!!

(To the young ones reading this)^^^^^^^

Phased
    Quote Originally Posted by MattView
    In my experience ive never seen a friend or person recover fully over the age of 30, yet the dozen or so people i know between the age of 19 and 27 recover very well every time…

However i don’t believe most 18 to 25 year olds are mentally ready to cycle, just my thoughts…

Sworder^^^^
    Members please read, and re read this again. 100% truth.

Thank you Matt
    Best

clob4
    dont believe this to be true at all^^^^^^
    Phased
    I am not condoning the use of youth using steroids . No they should not use them, however I am not going to hand out death sentences to them and to their HTPA. The human body is more resilient than we can even understand.

People will always do what they want, regardless of what you tell them.
    Dad says Don’t take steroids..well they them.
    Dad says don’t do drugs, they use them.
    Dad says don’t get tattoos they get them.

Millions of people come here a year, how many take them no matter what we say..Hundreds if not hundreds of thousands.
    I only hope they wait, but if they do not, well we can at least help them recover or do it right or both.

I did a cycle a test cycle at 19 in high school, recovered fine. Then did a dbol only cycle at 20, recovered fine. No these are not the way to do them. Had I known or had this board back then things would have been different, I still would have ran them, but done them right. At 23 after both cycles were over and no pct I still had a base line test of 1226ng.

Yes you can recover.

Research, learn, listen decide if its right for you, then act.

Best

Werewolf998
    The question that always arose in my mind is how do you know you recovered fine?
    How do you know what your endogenous hormone levels MIGHT have been had you not shut down a developing HPTA ? You dont.
    You know what is , but you have no idea what might have been .
    Also as Matt pointed out the emotional maturity issue is one important point to consider as well that often gets overlooked. Thats on an individual basis IMO as sometimes i see 30 yr olds that i dont think are emotionally ready or capable of undertaking androgen use.
    marcus300
    There isn’t an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone’s genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal H10 of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you merQistrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone H10 and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I’ve seen personally over the last 25yrs I’ve been TrueMaxding. Obviously it isn’t going to be all 19- 21yr old TrueMaxders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.

Of course your going to get guys recovering fine and the majority dont IMHO, many cover it up and ashamed to say anything other ask for help who really need it. I have a list of threads somewhere from many teenagers etc pleading for help and IMHO they outweight the ones who recover fine.

Shsm
    Quote Originally Posted by PhasedView
    I am not condoning the use of youth using steroids . No they should not use them, however I am not going to hand out death sentences to them and to their HTPA. The human body is more resilient than we can even understand.

People will always do what they want, regardless of what you tell them.
    Dad says Don’t take steroids..well they them.
    Dad says don’t do drugs, they use them.
    Dad says don’t get tattoos they get them.

Millions of people come here a year, how many take them no matter what we say..Hundreds if not hundreds of thousands.
    I only hope they wait, but if they do not, well we can at least help them recover or do it right or both.

I did a cycle a test cycle at 19 in high school, recovered fine. Then did a dbol only cycle at 23, recovered fine. No these are not the way to do them. Had I known or had this board back then things would have been different, I still would have ran them, but done them right. At 23 after both cycles were over and no pct I still had a base line test of 1226ng.

Yes you can recover.

Research, learn, listen decide if its right for you, then act.

Best

Thank you. I’m only 19 and I’ll still more than likely wait until I’m around 23. I don’t really see the need. You can still build a great physique naturally that girls will love, which is one of the main reasons people my age decide to cycle so early unfortunately. They think it’s a magic chemical to get them ripped quick but in reality it’s a huge bargain with your health. I asked this just to help out mainly with the high school and aspiring college athletes.

Thank you everyone for answering. This is a great discussion

Phased
    Quote Originally Posted by ShsmView
    Thank you. I’m only 19 and I’ll still more than likely wait until I’m around 23. I don’t really see the need. You can still build a great physique naturally that girls will love, which is one of the main reasons people my age decide to cycle so early unfortunately. They think it’s a magic chemical to get them ripped quick but in reality it’s a huge bargain with your health. I asked this just to help out mainly with the high school and aspiring college athletes.

Thank you everyone for answering. This is a great discussion

Good to hear that you are waiting, your body will thank you later. From 19 to 23 you have 4 years to build an incredible structure. If you get impatient and can’t wait come talk to us first before doing anything. If you get dead set on it, at least we can guide you and make the best out of it. But please wait.

Best

Sworder
    Genetics yes, but what does genetics tell us? It sends out hormones, we are altering genetics in a way by supplying hormones. This is why we can grow past "genetic potential", all these signals are going to be recorded one way or another from my perspective. If you are supposed to per say get 1.2grams of testosterone in a year naturally I believe you are maturing your endocrine system by exogenous supply of hormones.

If you think about it, what does aging mean? It has to be the cumulative stress on the body by sex hormones. Genetics are the boss and uses hormones to send a message. I would think that it only makes sense that we are altering "genetics" by exogenous "messengers".

The pax 7 genes are the ones responsible for myogenesis in the homeobox.

@ Marcus3000 Your endo seems to talk a lot and be very general; care to try to squeeze some more information out of him about what he means with the statements. Specifics please!

@Binsser What Matt stated is very true, it is known by people who have a clue and saying otherwise is probably "scare tactics".

marcus300
    Quote Originally Posted by SworderView
    @ Marcus3000 Your endo seems to talk a lot and be very general; care to try to squeeze some more information out of him about what he means with the statements. Specifics please!

My endo does talk alot to me and explains things indetail if you dont understand him himn I would ask you to do more research because I’m not seeing him for a long time and I dont think he cant explain his view any better. I don’t agree with that there is more younger guys recovering than having problems, from my experience a lot lie about recovery and there are far more with issues related to low test. This is a subject what can go on forever but at the end of the day you give your advice and everyone else can theres if the OP wants to take risks what could damage to his HPTA then thats his choice. Its just all different opinions and thats whats good abouit forums because its full of them.

Sworder
    @Marcus3000 All systems in the body get weaker and recover more difficult as you grow older.

The theory that it is only in the genetics/DNA and that we aren’t doing anything to change this by exposing ourselves to high levels of androgens is false IMO! If genetics aren’t changed then you wouldn’t see such a decline in LH/FSH/Testosterone after 5-6 cycles. Unless this is caused by damage to the actual Pit/Hypo/Leydigs as a result of atrophy. Or the actual androgens causing damage to the tissue(this is not very plausible imo).

marcus300
    @Marcus3000 All systems in the body get weaker and recover more difficult as you grow older.

The theory that it is only in the genetics/DNA and that we aren’t doing anything to change this by exposing ourselves to high levels of androgens is false IMO! If genetics aren’t changed then you wouldn’t see such a decline in LH/FSH/Testosterone after 5-6 cycles. Unless this is caused by damage to the actual Pit/Hypo/Leydigs as a result of atrophy. Or the actual androgens causing damage to the tissue(this is not very plausible imo).

Ive no idea what your going on about now!

IMHO if you use steroids before your HPTA isnt full developed and your natural test isnt maatured or runnng at peak levels you have more of a chance of causing yourself problems ie low test and not fully recovering or readark_sideng your natural test peak. I think there are more who dont fully recover than more who do. If you think different fine just give your advice to the OP but from my experience and the endo’s ive spoken to its clear its a huge problem and is causing serious issues with the younger TrueMaxders.

death star

Your DNA doesn’t change over time. Unless you live in Chernobyl.

The reason why there is a decline in LH/FSH/Testosterone due to age, or even after doing several cycles is simply wear and tear, and/or aging. Some of these occurances can be sped up by improper use of AAS, inadequate or no PCT, and so on and so forth. Your genetics will also determine at what point in time your body is going to naturally decline in production of these hormones as well. We all have peaks in our optimal reproductive cycles, and then it naturally slows down over time. It is a combination of wear and tear, age, genetics, and what we do to ourselves (what we consume and expose ourselves to, etc.).

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.