How do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS How do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

I was talking to this man at my gym earlier today. He’s huge, so I asked him what his thoughts were on younger individuals using steroids . He says he’s been cycling ever since 17, each cycle after heavy research to ensure he carried the cycle, AI, and PCT protocols perfectly and abides by the "Time on=Time off rule. He said his blood work dictates he’s recovered completely each time and is a perfectly healthy individual.

My question is, provided you cycle correctly and recover perfectly each time, how do steroids at a young age really effect hormones later in life?

I don’t intend to piss anyone off with this thread. Just wanted your view on it

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • Replies
    Matt
    These are my thoughts on the matter..

As stated earlier in my experience people under the age of 25 seem to recover better than those over the age of 30, however my experience is very limited and i bow down to the experience of people like Marcus. Remember Marcus has been at this for many many more years than most of us and has worked/trained with more youngsters than i ever will. Believe me Marcus doesn’t make stories up or tell lies to fit his own agenda, he tells the truth because time and time again he’s seen it happen…..
    Also remember this, Marcus doesn’t advise youngsters not to cycle because it makes him feel good or because he has nothing better to say, he says it because he cares, the very last thing he wants to see is young guy’s harming themselves….

We may never know for sure who is right here or who is wrong, as no government is going to start studies for the sake of it, never going to happen…

What i will say is this, and i know we all agree that some people under the age of 25 don’t recover and this is where the "mentally ready point comes in"…

If your 40 and cycle and you don’t bounce back then like thousands of others the likely hood of having dark_sidelCrash007 is diminished and your more than likely going to be on trt for your remaining days, not the end of the world. If this same thing happens to you at 19 then thats a seriously depressing thought… There are guy’s now that would do anything possible to go back in time and not cycle when they did, before their life even started….

Sworder i hope you continue to post as you have some interesting theories and your obviously passionate about bbing and aas usage, please stick around but always keep an open mind……

Just my thoughts…

Times Roman
    the amazing thing to me is we go through this discussion, iteration after iteration, every six weeks or so. the position is only attacked by those under 25 it seems.

I remember when i was a kid, and thought drinking when I was high school age was appropriate. Now that I am older, it seems very clear to me why that aint such a good idea……

Swifto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder;620***6
    Demote or ban me if you wish but I am not the first to bow to incorrect nor unsupported data.

"Incorrect or unsupported" because none has been posted yet? You come to very eronous conclusions.

You’re not going to find data on young pubserscent males taking steroids and studying their HPTA maturation/effects/recovery – so you come to the warped conclusion, "its all nonsense as their isnt data". You sometimes lack even a basic understanding of logic.

In my 8 or so years here, I have dealt with hundreds if not thousands of newbies who are sub 23-22, done one cycle, with PCT and now have a total testosterone level of 100-300 and are siffering from hypogonadism. So becasue their is no science "supporting" that, you come to the conclusion it can’t exist. You can get caught up in studies on animals your entire life and the reason you do it currently is because you lack personal experience. I did it, I was in your shows after 2 cycles and relied heavily on "study this", "study that" – I still do as this is the basis of our understanding of steroids. But after personal experience, you will learn that studies are not the be all and end all and because there isnt a perfect study proving your point.

If something is "unsupported" it does not mean the theory is wrong/right – its "unsupported" – yet you seem to jump (very quickly) to use that to support your argument(s), even when "personal experience" states otherwise. You can be a man of science and still take into account personal experience, even though its uncontrolled and full of variables and if you dont, your more of an idiot than I thought.

XXJOKERXX55
    Sworder, you are wrong.

I’m walking prof using hormones at a young age causes low testosterone and an inability to recover normal testosterone levels after a cycle much later in life. When I first started bbing at 19 I tried using everything under the sun that was legal thinking if its legal it must be safe. I used androstene and any thing else my buddy’s were trying.

When I got to about 30 I started to look at using AAS and I found out that the legal stuff is HPTA damaging as well. I had my testosterone checked soon after and it came back a little over 350ng/dl, low for a 30 year old with a clean diet and excersizing regularly for the past 11 years and obtains from alcohol completely.

I never was able to get my testosterone above 170 after my first cycle and 110 after my second and I got a lot of good advise here on agresive PCT nothing worked.

I’m convinced my HPTA system was damaged from pro hormones and androstene.

Sworder
    Thanks Swifto! I appreciate your words of wisdom and support.

@Gymfu I have highlighted many times what I am arguing. I do believe the HPTA can suffer pre-25. I don’t believe in the whole "pre-25" rule about maturation and delicacy.

XXJOKERXX55
    Quote Originally Posted by SworderView
    Thanks Swifto! I appreciate your words of wisdom and support.

@Gymfu I have highlighted many times what I am arguing. I do believe the HPTA can suffer pre-25. I don’t believe in the whole "pre-25" rule about maturation and delicacy.

I don’t understand the difference between the two?

Sworder
    I don’t believe the HPTA is more susceptible to damage pre-25 because of the under-developed and maturation theory. I believe that it can still get damaged, but not that it is more vulnerable.
    stpete
    I don’t believe the HPTA is more susceptible to damage pre-25 because of the under-developed and maturation theory. I believe that it can still get damaged, but not that it is more vulnerable.

That sentence is a contraction of itself.

warmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery13View
    I agree. I also don’t understand how the 2 new kids on the block are already considered knowledgeable members already…..
    Sworder
    Quote Originally Posted by stpeteView

I even put "more" in italics to emphasize.

I am saying there is no fine line between age 25 and other ages. Does that make sense?

Lunk1
    I agree. I also don’t understand how the 2 new kids on the block are already considered knowledgeable members already…..

Google!

stpete
    I even put "more" in italics to emphasize.

I am saying there is no fine line between age 25 and other ages. Does that make sense?

If you needed a sure win. And were playing the horsies. Needed to come home w/some sort of money….Would you bet the 5:1 or the 50:1?

MickeyKnox

aaaaaaaaaaaagreed!

this has been clearly explained already. Marcus is right Sworder, youre a broken contradictory record. im sorry, not trying g to flame you but it’s actually true if you take a moment to re-read this thread.

Sworder
    Quote Originally Posted by stpeteView
    this has been clearly explained already. Marcus is right Sworder, youre a broken contradictory record. im sorry, not trying g to flame you but it’s actually true if you take a moment to re-read this thread.

It wouldn’t be considered a flame if you could please post in a manner that shows me where I am wrong. Or at least come up with a rebuttal of any sorts. I don’t believe I have contradicted myself but I may have confused people. If you wish further explanation I would be happy to provide that. Why do you think nobody has actually touched on the subject at hand and instead just keep repeating the same thing?

warmouth
    I have read every word of this entire thread. When I first joined this site, I had a ton of respect for Marcus. When he posted his pic in his avatar, I had even MORE respect. But after reading this thread, I now feel it has become a man crush Thank you Marcus for showing us that actual experience far outweighs testing small amounts on animals. Absolute great read and I still will only listen to the VETS on this board, as I prefer actual experience over research and studies I could find myself on the internet. Thank you X 10,000! AndSwifto……………I might be getting that same feeling as well. WATCH OUT!
Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.