Frequency of workouts while on a cycle?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Frequency of workouts while on a cycle?

On a var cycle right now. Was planning on working out 6 days per week (3 day split twice per week). I have done this before both on and off a cycle and got great gains both times.

Now I just read this on another forum, which I have a feeling is against the rules to post, so I’ll just quote the post itself.

"Those who use steroids will increase the duration of protein synthesis, so they can lift once and they will see the anabolic effect for much longer. Hence why they can lift once per week, and get a longer benefit from it; they are artificially increasing their rates of protein synthesis, and they get greater benefit from higher volume in a given day (for natties – each additional lift for a given muscle group will yield less benefit).

Those who are natural, on the other hand, will see rates of protein synthesis lasting for 24-48 hours. Once you’re back at baseline, you are good to go again. Because it does not last as long as those with the synthetic help, you can and SHOULD increase your frequency for a larger cumulative protein synthesis effect in a given week. Lifting 2-3x per muscle group per week = optimal for natties. 2x per week being a good standard, 3x per week for muscle groups that are lagging. Often people will do squats 3x per week and see enormous benefits, for example.

More frequency for natties."

So is this BS or true?

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
    Andro27
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic
    It would be good to hear from some of the bigger guys like Marcus or Bear on their theory of training for growth.

And this major issue of soreness/growth

paul74
    Quote Originally Posted by panntasticView
    It would be good to hear from some of the bigger guys like Marcus or Bear on their theory of training for growth.

I agree with that. I’d like to hear from "Bear" and some other big successful guys. But The no pain is a comom statement and not the "Rocky" statement because that is what the body does. Break it down in the gym, fuel the repair and rest for the process and do it again. NO pain no F*ckin gain. Pain is relative to the person and their tolerance and familirarity with that pain… huh mike

paul74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_beardView
    @ Mike: I agree with everything you said, except the part about soreness. No soreness is required for muscle growth. In fact, I find that it hinders my next day’s training to be sore after a workout. Unless you’re a complete beginner, I see soreness as a sign of slow recovery or too much volume. Nothing more, nothing less.

You shouldn’t be working the same muscle the next day. So the soreness of that muscle should not be an issue. Did you post your routine in complete outline. I’d like to see it and also forgive me but how much experience do you have in training ? ….paul74

panntastic
    Quote Originally Posted by paul74
    I agree with that. I’d like to hear from "Bear" and some other big successful guys. But The no pain is a comom statement and not the "Rocky" statement because that is what the body does. Break it down in the gym, fuel the repair and rest for the process and do it again. NO pain no F*ckin gain. Pain is relative to the person and their tolerance and familirarity with that pain… huh mike

Like I said the science behind it is beyond me my kind of science is in the lab.
    I know my body how it reacts to certain training and different compounds and I’m sure we all know how our own body’s react by now.
    Were all individuals and no 2 people are the same.
    I’m liking this thread great insight from many different approaches

white
    Great info bear. Will try this.
    Sick_beard
    Quote Originally Posted by paul74View
    You shouldn’t be working the same muscle the next day. So the soreness of that muscle should not be an issue. Did you post your routine in complete outline. I’d like to see it and also forgive me but how much experience do you have in training ? ….paul74

This is not about me, it’s about the science behind muscle growth. But if you’re really interested this is my current routine.

Day1: Chest/ arms/ abs
    Day2: Legs.
    Day3: Back/ shoulders/ Cardio

Rest then repeat.

Grey
    I know that in weight lifting is normal to squat at least twice a week plus all clean and jerk and snatch etc.. and normally during the preparation for international compatition they squat even 4 times a week with double training morning and evening. But again they don’t work for TrueMaxding, and the range of repetition is really low.
    panntastic
    I’ve always trained upper legs once a week due to quads growing stupidly fast but I do train calves 2/3 times a week being a relatively small muscle group.
    Sick_beard
    Quote Originally Posted by panntasticView
    I’ve always trained upper legs once a week due to quads growing stupidly fast but I do train calves 2/3 times a week being a relatively small muscle group.

It’s a good strategy to train a muscle once a week if you want it to grow slower than the rest. But it would be counterproductive to do that with ALL muscle groups obviously.

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.