why does body fat % matter when powerlifters…

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS why does body fat % matter when powerlifters…

why does body fat % matter when powerlifters are usually fat as hell.
Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
    warlockjmr
    I’m a rather avid follower of Dave Tate and he used to think the same until he got bloods back that showed he was having some serious problems with his health because of his diet.

http://www.************** /free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_dave_tate_project_i
    (cant hyper link damn it!)
    Pretty good read.

I’d also like to point out that with say a squat you’re squatting 80% of your bodyweight as well as the bar weight. Better to be lighter and put more weight on the bar!

OnTheSauce
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxXView
    You’re a powerlifter?? what’s your BF? what would be the best BF for a powerlifter IYO??? what’s the difference between a powerlifter and a strongman??

Right now im around 11-12% bf, but its easy for me to maintain 10-11 year round. Best bodyfat is the lowest you can maintain without sacrificing any strength. Which for me is 10 to 11. Powerlifting and strongman are two totally different competitions. Different events, different lifts, different rules.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.