Why does AAS make you feel good?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Why does AAS make you feel good?

I never feel better than when I’m on a cycle. No medication a doctor has ever given me has made me feel as happy and confident as I feel like when I’m on cycle. Not even so called ‘anti-depressants’ can even touch a test and dbol stack. If you think deca dick is bad, try taking 200mg Zoloft a day or some other SSRI.

So, what is it that makes us feel good on cycle? You can’t just say testosterone . In order for it to just be ‘testosterone’ it would still have to convert some how dopamine or some other neurotransmiter.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
    Werewolf998
    Androgens = dopamine increase
    makura
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowhandView
    I never feel better than when I’m on a cycle. No medication a doctor has ever given me has made me feel as happy and confident as I feel like when I’m on cycle. Not even so called ‘anti-depressants’ can even touch a test and dbol stack. If you think deca dick is bad, try taking 200mg Zoloft a day or some other SSRI.

So, what is it that makes us feel good on cycle? You can’t just say testosterone. In order for it to just be ‘testosterone’ it would still have to convert some how dopamine or some other neurotransmiter.

I studied Psychology BSc and Neuroscience MSc at university and never did I hear AAS get a mention as a therapuetic intervention for depression and/or anxiety. Yet I suffer from anxiety and AAS makes me so relaxed, so comfortable in my own skin. I laugh more, i joke more. Its actually incredible how much my mind is freed up to think non-anxious thoughts.

To my knowledge there has been some research in the past. Maybe i should look it up!

There is always the potential that the use of AAS in depression and anxiety has been suppressed because it cannot be patented. Similar to lithium being used in the treatment of bipolar disorder – big pharma hate it because its an element and therefore cannot be patented.

makura
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf998View
    Androgens = dopamine increase

Im sure you will appreciate that that is a very simplistic relationship. Weed increases dopamine, but there is no similarity in the downstream behavioural/psychological manifestations. There is a lot going on.

< <Samson> >
    I believe the primary reason is the higher hormone level. I notice this for saure – it’s not a high, but a feeling of wellness – yet, not euphoric
    Slowhand
    Quote Originally Posted by makuraView
    I studied Psychology BSc and Neuroscience MSc at university and never did I hear AAS get a mention as a therapuetic intervention for depression and/or anxiety. Yet I suffer from anxiety and AAS makes me so relaxed, so comfortable in my own skin. I laugh more, i joke more. Its actually incredible how much my mind is freed up to think non-anxious thoughts.

To my knowledge there has been some research in the past. Maybe i should look it up!

There is always the potential that the use of AAS in depression and anxiety has been suppressed because it cannot be patented. Similar to lithium being used in the treatment of bipolar disorder – big pharma hate it because its an element and therefore cannot be patented.

The same results happen to me while on cycle. I become very relaxed, I can’t even recall a time I got angry while on cycle.

PBJtime
    This thread is brilliant . Agree 100%
    newfez
    I have been on anti depressant tablets for a few years.

It’s been two weeks since I stated a cycle test E 500mg a week with Al .25mg every day.

I have never felt better. No anxiety and depression seems now like a bad dream of the past.

< <Samson> >
    Quote Originally Posted by newfez
    I have been on anti depressant tablets for a few years. It’s been two weeks since I stated a cycle test E 500mg a week with Al .25mg every day. I have never felt better. No anxiety and depression seems now like a bad dream of the past.

Shit, whatever works – that’s cool

I

REDs
    That’s awesome!! Have you ever got blood work done to see what your test levels were b4 cycle?
    maddad
    same here. i’m off right now and everything seems like a hassle to me. the wife even commented about my attitude the other day. but pump me full of test and i’m like a big baby.
    Darvil
    Quote Originally Posted by newfezView
    I have been on anti depressant tablets for a few years.

It’s been two weeks since I stated a cycle test E 500mg a week with Al .25mg every day.

I have never felt better. No anxiety and depression seems now like a bad dream of the past.

Might be the only person i’ve heard of that has had positive effects from anti-depressants…

newfez
    Quote Originally Posted by REDs
    That’s awesome!! Have you ever got blood work done to see what your test levels were b4 cycle?

Yes before the cycle got my test result and my testosterone were around 400 and estrogen was 95.

Meaning low testosterone and high estrogens. I am 41 male 5"11 and weight 185

< <Samson> >
    Quote Originally Posted by newfezView
    Yes before the cycle got my test result and my testosterone were around 400 and estrogen was 95.

Meaning low testosterone and high estrogens. I am 41 male 5"11 and weight 185

That’s like a naturally crap hormone H10

Sounds about like mine

marcus300
    Testosterone is what makes us men, if you increase your natural testosterone by 10 times your going to be feeling like 10 men all in one. That’s why hormones are so important to a persons well being our bodies do a wonderful job at balancing these hormones and normally we don’t have any issues but when these hormones drop or we have issues with them that’s when the world seems to fell apart.

nookiexxxl
    My natural test was 290 now it’s 4700, I feel absolutely 0 difference. I’m still an awkward forever alone kissless virgin. Just more muscular and shredded.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.