Steroids + Muscle memory

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids + Muscle memory

Long story short I used to be 6’0, 190lbs.
    Due to financial problems and a few other things in my life I now weigh 150lbs

Yes I went from 190lbs to 150lbs in less than 6 months.
    I wasn’t training, eating or sleeping. I would have been lucky to eat 500 calories in a day or sleep for more than a few hours.

I am currently a walking skeleton and if I’m honest I look like I have never touched a weight in my life.

It is not as depressing as it sounds, I am actually extremely motivated to regain my physique instead of mourning over the one I lost.

What is my best course of action here. Should I cycle back to being a muscular god or should I train naturally to a certain point?

On a side note it is weird how such a rapid change can affect you. I still walk around like I’m a god among men even though my Grandmother has 10lbs on me and could probably squat more too.
    It’s like part of my personality was lost along with the muscle.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Replies
    Rich
    I would keep it natural for a while. Let your body get used to pushing a load again.

I was out of the gym for seven years with a back injury and lost a ton of muscle. Plus, my body fat was up to 36%. I was finally able to get back to the gym at the beginning of last year and the muscle came back much faster than I expected. I attribute it to muscle memory…but I have no idea if I am right, or if "muscle memory" is even a real thing.

Hang in there. It will come back.

stpete
    The best thing right now is to get back in the gym and eat everything in sight if you can. Congrats on coming in here and posting and asking for advice and starting to take control of the situation. Hit the Nutrition Section and get yourself a solid diet together. But at 6′ and 150lbs, i’m not far off by telling you to eat whatever you want right now. Get that weight back and get in the gym.

AAS isn’t for you right now. You need to workout for a while first. You can get it back relatively quickly. I recently (january) was hospitalized and came out 32lbs lighter. I was !! But i hit the refridgerator and gym and i was back in no time.

RAN18!!

iCool
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    I would keep it natural for a while. Let your body get used to pushing a load again.

I was out of the gym for seven years with a back injury and lost a ton of muscle. Plus, my body fat was up to 36%. I was finally able to get back to the gym at the beginning of last year and the muscle came back much faster than I expected. I attribute it to muscle memory…but I have no idea if I am right, or if "muscle memory" is even a real thing.

Hang in there. It will come back.

I hope to god muscle memory exists. It took me 6 years to go from 134lbs to 190lbs all natural when I first started training. It may not sound like a good attitude for a bb’er but I really cannot be bothered to do it all again.

It’s amazing putting on T-shirts and finding them hanging off your body. I think "how the **** was this tight on me!? I must have been huge." I have to wear belts on all my trousers just to stop them falling down.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by iCoolView
    I hope to god muscle memory exists. It took me 6 years to go from 134lbs to 190lbs all natural when I first started training. It may not sound like a good attitude for a bb’er but I really cannot be bothered to do it all again.

It’s amazing putting on T-shirts and finding them hanging off your body. I think "how the **** was this tight on me!? I must have been huge." I have to wear belts on all my trousers just to stop them falling down.

Yeah, I have been through that part as well. Lost 75 pounds once and developed an eating disorder. Got down to 160 and everything hung off me.

Just remember that time passes quickly and if you start building now, it will add up fast.

vini
    OP don’t lie to your self now, but let me ask you; What was your height and bf when you were 190lbs?
    iCool
    Quote Originally Posted by vini
    OP don’t lie to your self now, but let me ask you; What was your height and bf when you were 190lbs?

6’0 I’m actually between 6’0 and 6’1 have been for ages. My bodyfat was about 15-17% I couldn’t see any abs or major definition.

I’m trying not to gain as much fat and get up to a much cleaner 190lbs. I’m the most stereotypical ectomorph though so I need around 4k to break 180lbs.

clob4
    lol muscle memory def exists mate as does the power with it … it wont take you long youve already been there buddy good luck;-)
    iCool
    Quote Originally Posted by clob4
    lol muscle memory def exists mate as does the power with it … it wont take you long youve already been there buddy good luck;-)

That’s what I’m hoping for mate. I start back again tomorrow, I’ve got a 3800cal diet and program sorted.

My goal is to be a minimum of 175lbs by Christmas. So a 20lb gain roughly, sounds impossible and I’d be inclined to agree but I am literally skin and bones atm so we’ll see what happens.

iCool
    Thought I would update this and say I decided NOT to cycle.

I managed to go from 150lbs when I made this thread and I just weighed in at 170 a couple of days ago. It’s all coming back quickly and I seem to have stayed the same bodyfat percentage. At this rate I should be back to 190lbs just in time to cut for summer

basejack
    We’ll done mate, correct decision. Keep going!
    Andro27
    Yeah congratulations Brodie and keep it up RAN18 buddy!
    MuttonChop
    Quote Originally Posted by iCoolView
    Thought I would update this and say I decided NOT to cycle.

I managed to go from 150lbs when I made this thread and I just weighed in at 170 a couple of days ago. It’s all coming back quickly and I seem to have stayed the same bodyfat percentage. At this rate I should be back to 190lbs just in time to cut for summer

Good for you mate. I can understand how difficult the decision to stay natural must have been.

Referring back to your old post, I also think that a part of our personality is attached to our muscles. We walk likes gods because we worked our asses off for those damn muscles. Our muscles are our "walking resumes".

songdog
    Good luck Bro any problems just drop in.Thats wat we are here for
    Ruhl
    I REALLY like it when a fella comes back to update. doesn’t happen often. well done OP.
    iCool
    Cheers lads, looking to bulk back up to 190 then cut down for the summer. Got a feeling the next 20lbs isn’t going to come as quick.

The progress has been unreal though, its without a doubt that muscle memory exists. I’ve been doing 5×5 St07ing on the big 3 lifts and have been adding 15-20lbs to the bar every week.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.