Steroids and jaw growth.

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids and jaw growth.

I’ve been reading conflicting information in regards to AAS and jaw growth. Some people say they noticed visible changed in their jaws, others said they didn’t notice anything, some noticed bigger skulls even lol. I also read that apparently HGH has more of an effect on the jaw than AAS? I would have thought seeing as AAS makes your muscles bigger, and considering there are muscles in the jaw, then surely the jaw muscles would increase too?

Are there people on here who have noticed changes in their jaws over time or their head sizes? If you look back through any of your old photos do you notice any changes in your jaw? I just don’t really see any bodybuilders with small jaws. Most seem to have really masculine, chiseled jaw lines that really stand out.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
    TII
    was going to give a free anatomy 101, but since you’re not in the mood…
    Sworder
    What are you trying to educate me in? Obviously you don’t know what you are talking about otherwise you wouldn’t question that bones in the mandible have growth plates. If the bones in the mandible doesn’t, how do they stop growing? The reason why I am not in the mood is because I don’t feel like correcting YOU and making this a SWORDER thread as usually is the case. Feel free to give some ambiguous post which make it seem like you were misinterpreted by me, but honestly it would be best if you didn’t post unless it entails me being wrong in something. Which is not the case unless you want to refute the data posted below. Most of the time I post or contradict AFTER reading literature about the subject; so before poking the beehive check your facts. I am done here, thanks I got work to do.

Bone Development and Growth
    http://web.ardark_sideve.org/web/200807091…ne_growth.html

Endochondral Ossification

Endochondral ossification involves the replacement of hyaline cartilage with bony tissue. Most of the bones of the skeleton are formed in this manner. These bones are called endochondral bones. In this process, the future bones are first formed as hyaline cartilage models. During the third month after conception, the perichondrium that surrounds the hyaline cartilage "models" becomes infiltrated with blood vessels and osteoblasts and changes into a periosteum. The osteoblasts form a collar of compact bone around the diaphysis. At the same time, the cartilage in the center of the diaphysis begins to disintegrate. Osteoblasts penetrate the disintegrating cartilage and replace it with spongy bone. This forms a primary ossification center. Ossification continues from this center toward the ends of the bones. After spongy bone is formed in the diaphysis, osteoclasts break down the newly formed bone to open up the medullary cavity.

The cartilage in the epiphyses continues to grow so the developing bone increases in length. Later, usually after birth, secondary ossification centers form in the epiphyses. Ossification in the epiphyses is similar to that in the diaphysis except that the spongy bone is retained instead of being broken down to form a medullary cavity. When secondary ossification is complete, the hyaline cartilage is totally replaced by bone except in two areas. A region of hyaline cartilage remains over the surface of the epiphysis as the articular cartilage and another area of cartilage remains between the epiphysis and diaphysis. This is the epiphyseal plate or growth region.
    Bone Growth

Bones grow in length at the epiphyseal plate by a process that is similar to endochondral ossification. The cartilage in the region of the epiphyseal plate next to the epiphysis continues to grow by mitosis. The chondrocytes, in the region next to the diaphysis, age and degenerate. Osteoblasts move in and ossify the matrix to form bone. This process continues throughout dark_sideldhood and the adolescent years until the cartilage growth slows and finally stops. When cartilage growth ceases, usually in the early twenties, the epiphyseal plate completely ossifies so that only a thin epiphyseal line remains and the bones can no longer grow in length. Bone growth is under the influence of growth hormone from the anterior pituitary gland and sex hormones from the ovaries and testes.

Even though bones stop growing in length in early adulthood, they can continue to increase in thickness or diameter throughout life in response to stress from increased muscle activity or to weight. The increase in diameter is called appositional growth. Osteoblasts in the periosteum form compact bone around the external bone surface. At the same time, osteoclasts in the endosteum break down bone on the internal bone surface, around the medullary cavity. These two processes together increase the diameter of the bone and, at the same time, keep the bone from becoming excessively heavy and bulky.

TII
    Epiphyseal plates by definition are found in long bones. Do you consider the mandible a long bone?

What can you google about intramembranous ossification? (Since this is the other type of ossification next to endochondral ossification, which you clearly have googled extensively)

Lastly, read the first line of this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10984887/

Investigations on skeletal growth zones via bone scans as base of determination of optimal time for surgery in mandibular asymmetry.
    Authors
    Reuland P, et al. Show all
    Journal

Nuklearmedizin. 2000 Aug;39(5):121-6.
    Affiliation

Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Tьbingen, Freiburg, Germany.

Abstract

AIM of the study was to find out whether there is a common stop of growth of mandibular bone, so that no individual determination of the optimal time for surgery in patients with asymmetric mandibular bone growth is needed. As there are no epiphyseal plates in the mandibular bone, stop of growth cannot be determined on X-ray films.

TII
    Btw, have you found out how estro causes water retention? Or do you still think that water molecules pop out of the estrogen-receptor complex?
    Sworder
    I don’t use Google or Wikipedia.

Reconstruction of the Pediatric Maxilla and Mandible
    http://archotol.jamanetwork.com/arti…ticleid=404258

Mesenchymal in origin, bone is a living tissue making up the majority of the human skeleton. The craniofacial skeleton, including the mandible, grows through 2 mechanisms: epiphyseal proliferation and remodeling. Epiphyseal proliferation is largely responsible for increases in bone length and projection, a process that is dominant during the first 18 years of life. After age 18, the epiphyseal plate, located in the proximal zone of the conical subcondylar ridge, fuses. Prior to fusion, it exists as a 3-dimensional structure that, under the influence of the surrounding soft tissues, is essential to normal mandibular projection. The epiphysis adapts the intercondylar distance to the widening cartilaginous synchondrosis of the cranial base, highlighting the ever-important relationship between normal mandibular growth and normal basicranial development. The role of epiphyseal growth, particularly in the prepubescent pediatric patient, cannot be overemphasized.

Sworder
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandudeView
    Btw, have you found out how estro causes water retention? Or do you still think that water molecules pop out of the estrogen-receptor complex?

I never said that they popped out of the ER complex. This is now a Sworder thread.

I am logging off, if you want to contribute to the thread, so it’s not completely derailed. Please explain to everybody how and what causes the mandible to stop growing.

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInkView
    I run GH at the same time. There are many other risks of GH to be aware that can occur before mandibular changes.

Is it possible to do a testosterone only cycle without GH, or is it recommended to do GH? Sorry, I don’t know much about GH. What are some of these other risks you speak of? Are they higher/more dangerous risks than testosterone only?

TII
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerView
    Is it possible to do a testosterone only cycle without GH, or is it recommended to do GH? Sorry, I don’t know much about GH. What are some of these other risks you speak of? Are they higher/more dangerous risks than testosterone only?

hi, D-Hunter. have you read this?

I actually used to measure my jaw width when I started my first cycle, until I realized I didn’t really care.

I’ve been told my face has "hardened" since I’ve started using, some of which is due to the low bodyfat the weeks before a show. Before the most recent one I was actually scared of my reflection, I looked all gaunt and sucked up.

I’ve noticed I never get carded anymore, and when I uploaded some pics of me to Facebook at age 29, before I used anything (I’m 33 now) I was asked to tag the pics because it didn’t recognize me.

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandudeView
    hi, D-Hunter. have you read this?
    ? I’m currently on an Anavar only cycle and according to my weight scales at home, I’ve gone up 5KG in three weeks and gone up about two percent in bodyfat. I’m sure it’s Anavar to because it looks like I’m losing fat around the waist, and I’ve been getting extreme calf pumps to and from walking to the gym lol. I don’t physically look like I’ve gone up 5KG, maybe 2KG at maximum so I just don’t understand. I’ve been having a clean diet with one cheat meal a week. It really doesn’t make sense to me.

marcus300
    Asian, lol. good posts,
    _KD_
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler
    I’ve been reading conflicting information in regards to AAS and jaw growth. Some people say they noticed visible changed in their jaws, others said they didn’t notice anything, some noticed bigger skulls even lol. I also read that apparently HGH has more of an effect on the jaw than AAS? I would have thought seeing as AAS makes your muscles bigger, and considering there are muscles in the jaw, then surely the jaw muscles would increase too?

Are there people on here who have noticed changes in their jaws over time or their head sizes? If you look back through any of your old photos do you notice any changes in your jaw? I just don’t really see any TrueMaxders with small jaws. Most seem to have really masculine, dark_sideseled jaw lines that really stand out.

Everyone always talks about my ridiculas jaw line. I also have to say I’ve had numerous problems associated with my jaw. I have had tmj since starting steroids also

_KD_
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by death star
    Anabolic steroids do not do this. Human Growth Hormone, however, has the possibility of doing so.

I have taken thousands of ius of hgh tho

_KD_
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler
    So only high doses of HGH change the mandible? What about just normal doses of HGH? Do people on here like HGH of do they only like AAS like Testosterone, Trenbolone etc?

I take hgh because I feel its important like a one a day vitamin but I only actually like test and tren ..

first21
    watch all of colemans dvds on youtube and watch his face morph into skeletor with the big eye sockets and jaw after years of high doses of HGH, and im only guessing he was on high doses of HGH, but im pretty sure it wasent red bull and cell mass that got him 8 olympias
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.