Steroids and alcohol ??

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids and alcohol ??

I’m just wondering could mixing these lea to someone being schizophrenic ?? Just wondering because I’m pretty sure my mum was on steroids because she was massive an used to go an do competitions. She ended up going on holiday drinking one day an when she got back she started becoming paranoid an all sorts of other shit happened an she’s now schitsofrenic. And I read somewhere that schitsofrenia can be caused by steroids an alcohol because it messes with your mind if your female, is this true ?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
    lovbyts
    Seriously? Well if you listen to the media steroids are blamed for EVERYTHING but yet doctors prescribe testosterone to people all the time such as myself and many others on this board for HRT.

Simply put. NO
    It’s more likely the stress of having kids.

+S_V+
    Nothing ’causes’ sdark_sidezophrenia it’s a problem with brain chemistry that just develops. Certain things can trigger it off, alcohol and illegal drugs being one of them. Steroids cannot trigger it off, it just happens that she may have taken them at some point.

Women are pretty sensitive to hormonal changes, ie PMS. Will steroids affect women, physically? Yes of course take a look at the giant women in body building. A woman could never adark_sideeve such size and vacularity without steroids. However, I’ve never read anything about steroids/alcohol causing sdark_sidezophrenia. Alcohol is a depressant and it causes mood change in people, ie mean drunk or the lovable lush. If one is chemically disposed to sdark_sidezophrenia I guess there’s a long shot that alcohol can exasperate the problem. I don’t care what the "experts" say I still think "roid rage " is contrived. I know guys that’s been on steroids for over 20 years and they don’t beat their wives. If anything steroids enhance the release of dopamine and your sense of well being goes through the roof. Enough pontificating, my simple answer is "no" I don’t think steroids and alcohol cause sdark_sidezophrenia.

wesh
    Steroids are blamed for everything. Prob be the cause of the next war lol

GERM
    mental illnesses are hereditary, so she must have had it in her since birth, and you too are certainly prone to such illnesses, if you’re a guy then you have less to worry about. My mom is also sdark_sidezophrenic, and I have a couple of aunts and a few female cousins who also are, my bro has aspergers and I am autistic. Notice that post-cycle depression is quite an issue, during PCT and the couple of weeks before PCT can be dramatic since your testosterone drops to very low levels, so no doubt steroids played a role in triggering the illness, in addition to alcohol, I don’t see place for doubt.

GERM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02View
    I don’t care what the "experts" say I still think "roid rage" is contrived.

Roids rage is very real, not talking about generally being more aggressive on cycle, real roid rage is when it snaps beyond being mildly aggressive, it can happen at any second, you’ll simply have no control over anything but to get to your goal whatever the cost is. Your nervous system would simply crash. Sheer determination.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by GERM
    Roids rage is very real, not talking about generally being more aggressive on cycle, real roid rage is when it snaps beyond being mildly aggressive, it can happen at any second, you’ll simply have no control over anything but to get to your goal whatever the cost is. Your nervous system would simply crash. Sheer determination.

Whaaa?

tdk
    Test has never made me rage at all! If anything when my test is high I feel more at peace… I don’t have experience with other compounds though…
    +S_V+
    Where does the term roid rage come from anyway? How come there is no term ‘beer rage’ or ‘alcohol anger’ because there is an actual proven link between alcohol and violence whereas I haven’t see any proof of steroid related violence. 90% of all violent crime in the UK is caused by alcohol. What percentage is caused by steroids ? One is illegal and one is legal heavily taxed and makes the government a fortune. I rest my case

tdk
    Quote Originally Posted by +S_V+
    Where does the term roid rage come from anyway? How come there is no term ‘beer rage’ or ‘alcohol anger’ because there is an actual proven link between alcohol and violence whereas I haven’t see any proof of steroid related violence. 90% of all violent crime in the UK is caused by alcohol. What percentage is caused by steroids? One is illegal and one is legal heavily taxed and makes the government a fortune. I rest my case

Yeah, really! People make a huge deal about steroids but ignore things that make you much more aggressive! I guess the only teacher is actual experience…

david9111
    I get much more verbal with people that annoy me on cycle but I’ve never been to the point of raging. I have seen it though but it’s in people that have had terible tempers to begin with. Steroids just increase the emotions you already have.

njs
    Mixing the two is not a good idea i dont know about the mental aspect but aggressive i know well.
    +S_V+
    I have ha bad anger problems in the past and trust me it has nothing to do with steroids . People are angry not steroids. Angry people should not drink alcohol, do drugs or take steroids they need to do what I did and address their issues. I went to intensive counselling and got a handle of my problems before I Ben considered cycling again. On cycle now , yeh I’m more aggressive which I use to
    My advantage in the gym, but angry? No not at all. If anything I get unexplained feelings of well being where this time last year I would of felt unhappy. Weird

tdk
    Quote Originally Posted by +S_V+
    I have ha bad anger problems in the past and trust me it has nothing to do with steroids . People are angry not steroids. Angry people should not drink alcohol, do drugs or take steroids they need to do what I did and address their issues. I went to intensive counselling and got a handle of my problems before I Ben considered cycling again. On cycle now , yeh I’m more aggressive which I use to
    My advantage in the gym, but angry? No not at all. If anything I get unexplained feelings of well being where this time last year I would of felt unhappy. Weird

Yeah that’s true… I use to struggle with depression before getting on TRT… Test makes me feel good and at peace… I had doctors give me antidepressants which I hated and it turned out it was my test levels the whole time… I do get more passionate about things when my test is high, but never violent!

mambetus
    Quote Originally Posted by GERMView

Just leave.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.