overtraining – can healing take THAT long ???

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS overtraining – can healing take THAT long ???

ok long story short, i was an overtrained individual with a cortisol off the charts for the last 2 years in which i did not do any kind of training. I trained before that like an animal i puked and fainted many times in the gym, seriously.

I took 2 years off, took antidepressants to overcome the severe depression i developed, i could not walk a flight of stairs, thats how severe the fatigue was, i dont remember sleeping a good night for years.

Now after i took 2 years off, i felt like i recovered im sleeping a lot better i actually lost fat without training or dieting to to lower cortisol levels, my mood is better etc……

Now i started a HIIT training program called RUSHFIT similar to PX90 etc… to lose weight get cut and get in top shape, now everytime i do an intense workout, the symptoms of overtraining return, the insomnia, the hot flush around the base of my neck, the depression, fatigue, stomach bloat, heavy leg feeling, muscle twitching etc… THEN they go away if i take 3-4 days completely off.

whats the story here ?? how can i get myself back again ? am i starting too intense ??

can someone guide me on this. PLEASE HELP , im really feeling down, training is a big part of my life.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
    SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAreYouView
    hows your sleeping patterns

i spent about 4 years with very bad sleep i cant remember one night when i slept that deep knockout kind of sleep, i was working under high stress, i worked out in the gym really hard all the time ( i puked 8 times and fainted 3 times during training i shit u not), i drank 8-10 espresso shots per day too.

now after 2 years off from ALL these things, i now can sleep fairly well for 8-10 hours, i was starting a new program because i felt good and recovered ( a metabolic conditioning high intensity circuit of bodyweight and light weights exercises) but when i started to pick up the intensity the symptoms return for 3-4 days i cant sleep, mood low etc… after i take 3-4 days off they go away and i return to normal.

songdog
    Quote Originally Posted by TraoreView
    To be honest with you I don’t think that has anything to do with over training…I don’t know anyone who has suffered symptoms like that just from over training…In fact, most people don’t even realize they are over training…

I think it’s a just mental thing or some underlying medical condition….

I agree with this.

Domus
    underlying medical condition? Come on! He’s been out of shape for 2 years. that’s all there is to it. He’ll be back in no time.
    songdog
    Quote Originally Posted by DomusView
    underlying medical condition? Come on! He’s been out of shape for 2 years. that’s all there is to it. He’ll be back in no time.

Yes but he was having this problem when he was in shape.

SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by songdogView

actually no bro, when i first started working out i never had these symptoms in my life, they started when i began training with the " no pain no gain" mentality, i didn’t know any better…

I used to workout with calisthenics when i was 18 yo doing 500 pushups per day and running 3-4 miles i never had these problems, they began when i increased my workout intensity in the weight room for a very long time coupled with an extremely stressful job environment + lots and lots of espresso not to mention my previous use of steroids and stimulants such as ephedra.

SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by DomusView

thanks for the support ! i hope so…

Traore
    Quote Originally Posted by songdogView

There is a difference between normal fatigue a person would have when they haven’t trained in a long time compared to his symptoms…None of his symptoms I have EVER heard of from someone who hasn’t trained in a long time….ESPECIALLY when these symptoms last FOR DAYS ON END….Obviously, that is NOT normal which way you cut it…

He also stated he doesn’t have any medical conditions…Yet, severe depression IS a medical condition and can have more physical effects then just on his brain…

Insomnia definitely isn’t a normal side effect…If someone over trains they usually sleep much much easier….Stomach bloating? Depression?

Just trying to be realistic here…I definitely believe this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his training…

Also, the main factors for insomnia is Stress, Depression, Anxiety, and medications…So maybe start here and then he can find his answer…

Traore
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTestView
    ok long story short, i was an overtrained individual with a cortisol off the charts for the last 2 years in which i did not do any kind of training. I trained before that like an animal i puked and fainted many times in the gym, seriously.

I took 2 years off, took antidepressants to overcome the severe depression i developed, i could not walk a flight of stairs, thats how severe the fatigue was, i dont remember sleeping a good night for years.

Now after i took 2 years off, i felt like i recovered im sleeping a lot better i actually lost fat without training or dieting to to lower cortisol levels, my mood is better etc……

Now i started a HIIT training program called RUSHFIT similar to PX90 etc… to lose weight get cut and get in top shape, now everytime i do an intense workout, the symptoms of overtraining return, the insomnia, the hot flush around the base of my neck, the depression, fatigue, stomach bloat, heavy leg feeling, muscle twitdark_sideng etc… THEN they go away if i take 3-4 days completely off.

whats the story here ?? how can i get myself back again ? am i starting too intense ??

can someone guide me on this. PLEASE HELP , im really feeling down, training is a big part of my life.

Secondly, you don’t have to train like a maniac for results…P90X is pointless same with all those other programs…All you need is a correct weight training plan, deit plan, and cardio….

First off, There is no need to kill yourself in the gym that hard…It’s NOT going to help you get results….Secondly, check your diet and medications you use…..

And sweet lord, stop all the caffeine, espresso and stimulants and ephedra….That’s probably half your problem right there, fu*k….

Go all natural for awhile, No coffee, no caffeine, no STIMULANTS including ephedra….Any other medications you don’t need, STOP taking them (Obviously, stay on the antidepressants if you your doc still recommends)…But anything else don’t use and STOP OVER TRAINING…

Train like a normal human being and eat a right diet

death star
    To be honest with you I don’t think that has anything to do with over training…I don’t know anyone who has suffered symptoms like that just from over training…In fact, most people don’t even realize they are over training…

I think it’s a just mental thing or some underlying medical condition….

I agree, although I do think it is possible for someone to overtrain so utterly excessively that they would experience symptoms of overtraining that are so severe that they would be destructive to the quality of life.

The fact that the OP mentioned he would train so hard that he would puke and faint many times in the gym (keywords: many times) is a strong indication that that was probably not the ONLY indicator of overtraining he was engaging in at the time. Sounds to me like he was really going overboard to the extreme. I’ve puked in the gym before, but I can remember all of about 3 or 4 times. I’ve never fainted but i’ve come pretty close (seeing colors and feeling very light headed) but these were once again only a handful of moments that I can remember. The OP sounds like this was a regular basis effect of his unprecedented overtraining behavior.

It is also possible this individual may be more sensitive to the risks of overtraining than most other individuals, either perhaps because of his genetic and individual predisposition, or because he may have some underlying health condition that would worsen the condition of overtraining.

The fact is, overtraining is a highly ignored and overlooked factor of weight training. Most of the time people don’t even notice or know they’re over training. Other times it can suddenly hit you like a brick wall when you notice one day something is wrong with your nervous system, you are lethargic all the time no matter how much sleep you get, weights feel heavier and heavier in the gym, sexual function is totally shot, you’ve got immense brain fog and can’t think, you fall into a depression, etc. It happens all the time to people who don’t know what they’re doing in the gym.

Fact of the matter is that most people train hard enough in the gym. Their problem is they do too much volume and train too frequently – so much so that the amount of damage occurring to the muscles is occuring at a far greater rate than the body can repair it (let alone grow new muscle on top of it). Combine that with shitty rest and poor nutritional habits, and you’re going to fail at your physique aspirations and destroy your body while you’re at it. The fact of the matter is that the body requires far less volume and frequency than most of us have been led to believe in the past.

Oh, and lets not forget damage to the CNS (Central Nervous System). NOBODY EVER CONSIDERS THIS. Everyone always thinks muscles, muscles, muscles! Nobody thinks "what about the amount of stress i’m placing on my nervous system? What about the massive amount of neurotoxicity i’m creating with these immense and painful lifts and sets?". Do you realize how heavily your neurons are firing and releasing LIMITED stores of neurotransmitters when you’re engaging in those very intense and painful sets? The amount of strain you’re placing on your nerve cells? And the immense amount of neurotransmitter activity in the synapses?The nervous system DOES NOT heal anywhere near as quickly or as efficiently as muscle tissue does. This is why you end up with symptoms like headaches, depression, impaired sexual function, brain fog, etc. when overtraining really begins to take a toll.

Working out and TrueMaxding is not just about the muscles. It’s also about the nervous system, and NOBODY ever thinks of their CNS recovery. It’s allllways about the muscles…

SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by death starView
    I agree, although I do think it is possible for someone to overtrain so utterly excessively that they would experience symptoms of overtraining that are so severe that they would be destructive to the quality of life.

The fact that the OP mentioned he would train so hard that he would puke and faint many times in the gym (keywords: many times) is a strong indication that that was probably not the ONLY indicator of overtraining he was engaging in at the time. Sounds to me like he was really going overboard to the extreme. I’ve puked in the gym before, but I can remember all of about 3 or 4 times. I’ve never fainted but i’ve come pretty close (seeing colors and feeling very light headed) but these were once again only a handful of moments that I can remember. The OP sounds like this was a regular basis effect of his unprecedented overtraining behavior.

It is also possible this individual may be more sensitive to the risks of overtraining than most other individuals, either perhaps because of his genetic and individual predisposition, or because he may have some underlying health condition that would worsen the condition of overtraining.

The fact is, overtraining is a highly ignored and overlooked factor of weight training. Most of the time people don’t even notice or know they’re over training. Other times it can suddenly hit you like a brick wall when you notice one day something is wrong with your nervous system, you are lethargic all the time no matter how much sleep you get, weights feel heavier and heavier in the gym, sexual function is totally shot, you’ve got immense brain fog and can’t think, you fall into a depression, etc. It happens all the time to people who don’t know what they’re doing in the gym.

Fact of the matter is that most people train hard enough in the gym. Their problem is they do too much volume and train too frequently – so much so that the amount of damage occurring to the muscles is occuring at a far greater rate than the body can repair it (let alone grow new muscle on top of it). Combine that with shitty rest and poor nutritional habits, and you’re going to fail at your physique aspirations and destroy your body while you’re at it. The fact of the matter is that the body requires far less volume and frequency than most of us have been led to believe in the past.

Oh, and lets not forget damage to the CNS (Central Nervous System). NOBODY EVER CONSIDERS THIS. Everyone always thinks muscles, muscles, muscles! Nobody thinks "what about the amount of stress i’m placing on my nervous system? What about the massive amount of neurotoxicity i’m creating with these immense and painful lifts and sets?". Do you realize how heavily your neurons are firing and releasing LIMITED stores of neurotransmitters when you’re engaging in those very intense and painful sets? The amount of strain you’re placing on your nerve cells? And the immense amount of neurotransmitter activity in the synapses?The nervous system DOES NOT heal anywhere near as quickly or as efficiently as muscle tissue does. This is why you end up with symptoms like headaches, depression, impaired sexual function, brain fog, etc. when overtraining really begins to take a toll.

Working out and TrueMaxding is not just about the muscles. It’s also about the nervous system, and NOBODY ever thinks of their CNS recovery. It’s allllways about the muscles…

yes bro u are right about that, actually at first it all started as ongoing soreness and fatigue i ignored the problem and still trained like a wacko, took steroids sometimes high doses sometimes i would not do complete pct’s i took stimulants very heavily it was a F mess man.

but ya, i really fainted many times in the gym from pushing myself too hard, i once fainted home in my bedroom from pushing myself doing calisthenics like 700 pushups or so in 40 minutes, i just didn’t know any better i thought more is better u know the type of mentality when u first start exercising, i had no one to guide me, i didn’t read or anything i just trained so hard excessively.

SilverTest
    Secondly, you don’t have to train like a maniac for results…P90X is pointless same with all those other programs…All you need is a correct weight training plan, deit plan, and cardio….

First off, There is no need to kill yourself in the gym that hard…It’s NOT going to help you get results….Secondly, check your diet and medications you use…..

And sweet lord, stop all the caffeine, espresso and stimulants and ephedra….That’s probably half your problem right there, fu*k….

Go all natural for awhile, No coffee, no caffeine, no STIMULANTS including ephedra….Any other medications you don’t need, STOP taking them (Obviously, stay on the antidepressants if you your doc still recommends)…But anything else don’t use and STOP OVER TRAINING…

Train like a normal human being and eat a right diet

im doing that right now bro since i took my fitness trainer certification and knew how to actually train and eat but thanks for the heads up but from about 2-3 years and more i didn’t know anything, i would take the hardest workouts and just do them just for the shit sake that they are hard and challenging even though i was a beginner. I remember most times i would take a workout, when i read that ITS NOT FOR BEGINNERS…and i was a beginner, i would actually go and do it. i know thats very stupid, that was just messed up.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.