overtraining – can healing take THAT long ???

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS overtraining – can healing take THAT long ???

ok long story short, i was an overtrained individual with a cortisol off the charts for the last 2 years in which i did not do any kind of training. I trained before that like an animal i puked and fainted many times in the gym, seriously.

I took 2 years off, took antidepressants to overcome the severe depression i developed, i could not walk a flight of stairs, thats how severe the fatigue was, i dont remember sleeping a good night for years.

Now after i took 2 years off, i felt like i recovered im sleeping a lot better i actually lost fat without training or dieting to to lower cortisol levels, my mood is better etc……

Now i started a HIIT training program called RUSHFIT similar to PX90 etc… to lose weight get cut and get in top shape, now everytime i do an intense workout, the symptoms of overtraining return, the insomnia, the hot flush around the base of my neck, the depression, fatigue, stomach bloat, heavy leg feeling, muscle twitching etc… THEN they go away if i take 3-4 days completely off.

whats the story here ?? how can i get myself back again ? am i starting too intense ??

can someone guide me on this. PLEASE HELP , im really feeling down, training is a big part of my life.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
    Domus
    I don’t know the answer, but it seems to me that if you’ve been out of it for 2 years, you really shouldnt be jumping into anything intense. I’d be walking on a treadmill for a while and that’s it. Work your way up to other excersizes slowly. You probably gained a lot of weight those 2 years as well. Just take it easy, forget this "Rush Fit" stuff. Get your diet in check and walk daily for a while.
    SilverTest
    actually ya i gained loads of weight from the high cortisol i had and lost loads of muscle, im 28% bodyfat right now. how long do you recommend that i do light exercise ? thanks for the help really appreciate it.
    Andro27
    Quote Originally Posted by Domus
    I don’t know the answer, but it seems to me that if you’ve been out of it for 2 years, you really shouldnt be jumping into anything intense. I’d be walking on a treadmill for a while and that’s it. Work your way up to other excersizes slowly. You probably gained a lot of weight those 2 years as well. Just take it easy, forget this "Rush Fit" stuff. Get your diet in check and walk daily for a while.

Completely agree ^^^^^^ you need to take your time and get your mind as well as your body back up to speed. Good luck

Traore
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTestView
    ok long story short, i was an overtrained individual with a cortisol off the charts for the last 2 years in which i did not do any kind of training. I trained before that like an animal i puked and fainted many times in the gym, seriously.

I took 2 years off, took antidepressants to overcome the severe depression i developed, i could not walk a flight of stairs, thats how severe the fatigue was, i dont remember sleeping a good night for years.

Now after i took 2 years off, i felt like i recovered im sleeping a lot better i actually lost fat without training or dieting to to lower cortisol levels, my mood is better etc……

Now i started a HIIT training program called RUSHFIT similar to PX90 etc… to lose weight get cut and get in top shape, now everytime i do an intense workout, the symptoms of overtraining return, the insomnia, the hot flush around the base of my neck, the depression, fatigue, stomach bloat, heavy leg feeling, muscle twitdark_sideng etc… THEN they go away if i take 3-4 days completely off.

whats the story here ?? how can i get myself back again ? am i starting too intense ??

can someone guide me on this. PLEASE HELP , im really feeling down, training is a big part of my life.

To be honest with you I don’t think that has anything to do with over training…I don’t know anyone who has suffered symptoms like that just from over training…In fact, most people don’t even realize they are over training…

I think it’s a just mental thing or some underlying medical condition….

SilverTest
    i have no medical conditions whatsoever, i did ALL kinds of physical and blood tests you can imagine, only my cortisol was high, but there is nothing wrong with my glands, no tumours no nothing i do not have cushings. Everything else is just great.
    Sick_beard
    How old are you?
    SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_beardView
    How old are you?

26 yo

Domus
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTestView
    actually ya i gained loads of weight from the high cortisol i had and lost loads of muscle, im 28% bodyfat right now. how long do you recommend that i do light exercise ? thanks for the help really appreciate it.

Just do it until you start feeling better. Once you’re walking for 2 weeks, try to run for a few minutes, then longer, and so on.Get your endurance back up and thhen slowly start moving over to the weight section. Just pace yourself, your body will tell you when you’re ready, and if you attempt something and you feel it’s too much or too early… back off.

Good luck fella, I’ve been there too, it’s not eassy getting back.

SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by DomusView
    Just do it until you start feeling better. Once you’re walking for 2 weeks, try to run for a few minutes, then longer, and so on.Get your endurance back up and thhen slowly start moving over to the weight section. Just pace yourself, your body will tell you when you’re ready, and if you attempt something and you feel it’s too much or too early… back off.

Good luck fella, I’ve been there too, it’s not eassy getting back.

Thanks a lot , thats what i need, i need someone who’s been there done that, please can you offer a little bit of details as a PM as to what ur experience was etc… what did you experience, how long did it take, what exactly did you do….

leff
    I’m right where you are except I’m not 26 lol. I’m 42 and took about 9 or 10 yrs off. I estimated my BF was close to 30% in my intro but I think that’s too high. I dont have any way to check it but it’s all in my gut and spare tire area. Chart for my age and fitness level says by weight it’s 28% but I have a bigger chest and arms than the typical doughboy who never worked out in his life which is what the charts are for. They don’t take into account athletic builds. If that were the case all TrueMaxders are morbidly obese.

Anyways, I started back up by getting my diet back to where it needs to be and walking more, riding my bike and using the two 40lb dumbbells I have had for as long as I can remember to do what I can at home. Like said in an earlier post your body will tell you when you’re ready for more. When I feel that I will start going to the gym again and doing light workouts for 30-45 min, maybe 15 min of cardio. Go from there. Your body will let you know. That;s working for me ATM and this isn’t the first time I have taken a break fromthe gym – just the first time I let it go for years on end and actually got to feeling out of shape. GL.

BTW as anybody who has worked out for a long time probably knows it is amazing what one can do with a couple of dumbbells and nothing else.

WhoAreYou
    can i ask do you smoke? drink alcohol?
    SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAreYouView
    can i ask do you smoke? drink alcohol?

no i do not smoke, i drink about 1-2 drinks PER MONTH.

SilverTest
    Quote Originally Posted by leffView
    I’m right where you are except I’m not 26 lol. I’m 42 and took about 9 or 10 yrs off. I estimated my BF was close to 30% in my intro but I think that’s too high. I dont have any way to check it but it’s all in my gut and spare tire area. Chart for my age and fitness level says by weight it’s 28% but I have a bigger chest and arms than the typical doughboy who never worked out in his life which is what the charts are for. They don’t take into account athletic builds. If that were the case all TrueMaxders are morbidly obese.

Anyways, I started back up by getting my diet back to where it needs to be and walking more, riding my bike and using the two 40lb dumbbells I have had for as long as I can remember to do what I can at home. Like said in an earlier post your body will tell you when you’re ready for more. When I feel that I will start going to the gym again and doing light workouts for 30-45 min, maybe 15 min of cardio. Go from there. Your body will let you know. That;s working for me ATM and this isn’t the first time I have taken a break fromthe gym – just the first time I let it go for years on end and actually got to feeling out of shape. GL.

BTW as anybody who has worked out for a long time probably knows it is amazing what one can do with a couple of dumbbells and nothing else.

yes ur right about that, you can do everything with a pair of dumbells.

WhoAreYou
    hows your sleeping patterns
    wesh
    I had symptoms like that very badly and was diagnosed with anziety. Very bad anziety. I take meds now and i feel great. Ive been on these meds for over 7 yrs. i was around your age when i started the meds
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.