Do steroids affect cognitive function?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Do steroids affect cognitive function?

I am going to start cycling but I want to be safe about everything. Right now I am in graduate school and I have a full courseload. I don’t want the steroids to affect my school work and future job prospects. What steroids are safe and not neurotoxic?

I am considering a 500 mg test cycle 500 mg deca and 100 mg anavar for both muscle gain and joint healing.

I already use glucosamine 2500mg MSM 3000mg and Fish Oil 2 grams.

My height is 5’8 and I weigh 200 lbs. I am trying to lose weight and get down to 180 shredded. I am mostly muscle and have been lifting for 5 years straight. The 200 lbs is too much for my frame to handle and I need to drop down in weight to have some agility and speed.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSamoanView
    I have good form bro. I just have bad joints from some mistakes in the past.

Anyway right now I am talking glucosamine, msm and fish oil and resting. It’s only been 2 weeks so I don’t expect to see any results yet. I am going to use these supplements for a year straight. Also dieting down. I plan to get prp injections for my knees. I am 195 lbs 15% body fat thereabouts.

Anyway at only 5’8 everything needs to be perfectly done if I want to look good for the ladies. So I am not making any mistakes with the roids. I will see the doctor first about my joints and also I need to get my training corrected.
    I need to play a sport and look 180-185 shredded. Anything more is going to slow me down.

I have bad genetics as far as gaining weight so I am really dieting big time. Also I know that roids can lead to low t and other issues so I will discuss those things as well. I do have my work cut out for me and I intend to resolve these issues.

I understand and I meant no disrespect. It sounds like you have everything in check and I believe dieting down would be a great option for now. Do plenty of research and use this board to its potential. Good luck.

SuperSamoan
    Quote Originally Posted by renepjdView
    Well, at least you’re putting serious thought into this. When it comes to deca and anavar you do not need those amounts for joint health. Great idea to get BW prior to initiating this. You should get more than a hormone panel. Include LH/FSH, CBC, CMP, E2 at a minimum as well.

Yeah I will call the doctor on Monday. You guys are right in that I should wait longer. I just want to be safe about this. I can’t have anymore joint issues at this point. Just looking for the ways that will lead to me get the look that I want pain free.

SuperSamoan
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshiiView
    The receptors along with the test affecting those might have you thinking about tale all day.
    But one cycle (although studies have shown to reduce neurons) ,
    won’t make an impact on short term. Neurons are regenerating everyday as much as they die
    Are you staying away from neurotoxins otherwise like fast food, teflon pans, etc etc?
    Takning any nootropics?

Yeah I don’t eat any fast food anymore.

I don’t take any nootropics either, but I will research the impact of steroid cycles on neurons.

SuperSamoan
    Quote Originally Posted by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.View
    I understand and I meant no disrespect. It sounds like you have everything in check and I believe dieting down would be a great option for now. Do plenty of research and use this board to its potential. Good luck.

I understand bro I do need to wait anyway and diet down as is recommended. I was the one who got myself into this mess anyway so I need to be safe going forward and figure out what I can do to get out of it.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.