Do steroids affect cognitive function?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Do steroids affect cognitive function?

I am going to start cycling but I want to be safe about everything. Right now I am in graduate school and I have a full courseload. I don’t want the steroids to affect my school work and future job prospects. What steroids are safe and not neurotoxic?

I am considering a 500 mg test cycle 500 mg deca and 100 mg anavar for both muscle gain and joint healing.

I already use glucosamine 2500mg MSM 3000mg and Fish Oil 2 grams.

My height is 5’8 and I weigh 200 lbs. I am trying to lose weight and get down to 180 shredded. I am mostly muscle and have been lifting for 5 years straight. The 200 lbs is too much for my frame to handle and I need to drop down in weight to have some agility and speed.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
    You mean your ability to ‘reason or think’….I would have to say no.
    SuperSamoan
    Quote Originally Posted by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.View
    You mean your ability to ‘reason or think’….I would have to say no.

Yeah that’s what I mean. I’m just checking to make sure. I don’t want to get myself into any trouble. Also would my cycle help with my joints or not?

Mr.BB
    Yes, we do have androgen receptors in our brain, it is impossible to know if its going to affect you in a positive or negative way. But at your age it will most likely affect you hypothalamus and pituitary in a very negative way.
    I am not a medical researcher but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once. LOL I work with huge amount of data all the time. This is what I’ve noticed. When I hit about late 40’ish I found that the intensity of my concentration diminished a bit. I was cycling at that time and didn’t notice a difference in my cognitive thinking. Then I got on HGH. After about 6 months on HGH, I was working on a problem and I said to myself, "Dude, you can really St07!" HGH had a huge effect on my ability to concentrate on a problem for extended duration. Summary, AAS did not affect cognitive thinking. HGH enhanced my (don’t know about younger guys, I’m just speaking of myself) cognitive thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSamoanView
    Yeah that’s what I mean. I’m just checking to make sure. I don’t want to get myself into any trouble. Also would my cycle help with my joints or not?

Deca may have a slight positive on joint mobility.

Mr.BB
    Deca may have a slight positive on joint mobility.

Well, if the OP has joint problems at 23 there is something wrong with his training.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BBView
    Well, if the OP has joint problems at 23 there is something wrong with his training.

You could be correct…..I would start with form.

songdog
    Bro is this your 1st cycle? Beacuse aas isnt a diet aid and 1st cycles are test only to see how your body will react.We recommend 15% bf for cycing to reduce the chance of gyno and other E2 problems.Also cycling before you are 25 increases the chance of doing damage to your Hepta system which may not show up until years down the road.
    SuperSamoan
    Quote Originally Posted by songdogView
    Bro is this your 1st cycle? Beacuse aas isnt a diet aid and 1st cycles are test only to see how your body will react.We recommend 15% bf for cycing to reduce the chance of gyno and other E2 problems.Also cycling before you are 25 increases the chance of doing damage to your Hepta system which may not show up until years down the road.

Yeah it’s my first cycle bro and I am around 15% maybe a bit over but I am dieting right now. Losing two pounds per week. I think I am at 195 right now. I am going to trim down before starting roids. I have heard that it might fuck up my htpa permanently so I am still waiting.

SuperSamoan
    You could be correct…..I would start with form.

I have good form bro. I just have bad joints from some mistakes in the past.

Anyway right now I am talking glucosamine, msm and fish oil and resting. It’s only been 2 weeks so I don’t expect to see any results yet. I am going to use these supplements for a year straight. Also dieting down. I plan to get prp injections for my knees. I am 195 lbs 15% body fat thereabouts.

Anyway at only 5’8 everything needs to be perfectly done if I want to look good for the ladies. So I am not making any mistakes with the roids. I will see the doctor first about my joints and also I need to get my training corrected.
    I need to play a sport and look 180-185 shredded. Anything more is going to slow me down.

I have bad genetics as far as gaining weight so I am really dieting big time. Also I know that roids can lead to low t and other issues so I will discuss those things as well. I do have my work cut out for me and I intend to resolve these issues.

renepjd
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSamoanView
    I am considering a 500 mg test cycle 500 mg deca and 100 mg anavar for both muscle gain and joint healing..

Most relatively advanced TrueMaxders don’t need cycles such as that.
    If determined to cycle read the Successful First Cycle thread at the top of this forum.
    Plus, graduate school with a full course load? If you can’t put 100% into training and nutrition then it’s a waste of your money.

SuperSamoan
    Quote Originally Posted by renepjdView
    Most relatively advanced TrueMaxders don’t need cycles such as that.
    If determined to cycle read the Successful First Cycle thread at the top of this forum.
    Plus, graduate school with a full course load? If you can’t put 100% into training and nutrition then it’s a waste of your money.

I would start off with only 500 mg of testosterone but I need the deca and anavar because they have some joint healing properties. It is going to be hard to H10 all of my course work along with the other work that I have to complete, however my eligibility for playing sports is going to end in 2019.

I already missed out on my high school and college years because I did not play a sport competitively. So I never had that "college experience." Right now I have my work cut out for me. I am aiming for not only an athletic but also an attractive body.

I am at 195 lbs and cutting down. Because I am dieting naturally, I expect to lose muscle as well as fat. I do have 5 years of weightlifting experience naturally however my lifts are not that impressive at 315 lbs bench 495 lbs deadlift and 405 lbs squat.

Anyway my plan to address this situation would be to talk to my doctor about my joints first and then have a hormone panel done. I will post the hormone panel on here as well to get advice and proceed from there.

Mr.BB
    Bare in mind that steroids dont "heal joints" (whatever you mean by that), they might alleviate pain because of anti-inflammatory properties (kinda like ibuprofen, you know?).

This relief will cease upon discontinuation. Many times injuries get worse after use because of this.

renepjd
    Well, at least you’re putting serious thought into this. When it comes to deca and anavar you do not need those amounts for joint health. Great idea to get BW prior to initiating this. You should get more than a hormone panel. Include LH/FSH, CBC, CMP, E2 at a minimum as well.

wellshii
    The receptors along with the test affecting those might have you thinking about tale all day.
    But one cycle (although studies have shown to reduce neurons) ,
    won’t make an impact on short term. Neurons are regenerating everyday as much as they die
    Are you staying away from neurotoxins otherwise like fast food, teflon pans, etc etc?
    Takning any nootropics?
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.