Alcohol and Steroids

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Alcohol and Steroids

I know the effects of consuming alcohol and what it does to muscles and all, but what about how it reacts with gear? Or does it react at all?
    And/Or would it be safe to drink alcohol while on steroids ?

You guys know anything about it?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
    Domus
    Don’t get smashed every night.

Unless you’re a hardcore competitor, enjoy a few drinks now and then. Nothing wrong with that. When I used to drink, my aggression would amplify while on AAS.

alcohol will cause more aromatizing btw
    MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcmahanjr
    I know the effects of consuming alcohol and what it does to muscles and all, but what about how it reacts with gear? Or does it react at all?
    And/Or would it be safe to drink alcohol while on steroids ?

You guys know anything about it?

It comes down to a choice: a party lifestyle or a commitment to body building. You have to decide. This is one of many reasons we advise younger guys to wait before cycling. When you’re young, you’re impetuous and life is about having as much fun as possible. That doesn’t mean the older guys on here don’t enjoy an occasional drink (or don’t party it up) but the younger you are, the less disciplined you tend to be.

Look at the negative side of alcohol consumption:
    – dehydration (bad for muscles)
    – increased fat production
    – increased estrogen conversion
    – toxicity to liver (bad if you’re taking oral AASs)
    – has no place in your nutrition plan and provides "empty" calories

Some guys here will tell you an occasional drink is harmless and I don’t disagree, but if you can’t avoid drinking until you’re off cycle then it would seem you are less committed than you should be in your decision to use gear.

It’s a personal choice. I just don’t drink while I’m cycling. My fitness gains are a much higher priority.

Metalject
    It can be extremely harmful if you’re drinking on a regular basis while using hepatotoxic steroids …Anadrol , Dianabol , and Winstrol and especially Halotestin . If you’re using these types of steroids , it’s always best to stay away from alcohol altogether while they’re being used. If you’re not using these types of steroids, it shouldn’t present any significant damage to your health as far as the relationship of steroids to alcohol goes.

There are however, a few things to keep in mind. There’s probably nothing on earth that is more damaging to performance than alcohol. In many ways, kind of like glucocorticoids, alcohol is the direct opposite of anabolic steroids. Steroids promote muscle mass, strength and decrease body fat. Alcohol does the opposite.

I read in a study once and for the life of me I can’t remember where it was but it stated that after 4oz of alcohol the metabolism would slow down and take up to 72 hours to recover to its previous state prior to that drink. Those 72hrs are not taking into consideration any more drinks you may have had. Further, they type of alcohol makes no difference…4oz is 4oz of alcohol, beer, dark liquor, wine, it doesn’t matter. I’d love if someone could help me remember where this study came from because it had a lot of great points in it.

Last thing, I once heard Dave Palumbo say this and he hit the nail on the head. If you have a ferrari, would you put low grade gasoline in it? What about your body? You’re trying to build a ferrari like physique, would you put low grade fuel in it?

I say all this but in the end it all boils down to what’s most important to you. Are a few drinks here and there going to kill you. No, of course not. If you’re a heavy or even just a regular drinker, you’re going to see your progress shortchanged significantly. If you’ve got great genetics and are a strong positive responder to hormones, you may be able to get away with a lot more than most people, but you’ll still be shortchanging yourself compared to what you could adark_sideeve. You’ll simply have to find the right H10 for you and the goals you have in mind.

songdog
    This question gets asked 100 times a year.
    *RAGE*
    Participant
    Agree with all of the above. I drink from time to time. Less when on oral aas, maybe a few beers a week. To the "buzz point" an that’s it. On injections, I drink a little more but still nothing crazy. About 25% to 50% as much as I would normally. There’s a point where you begin not to even crave that drink anymore to btw. I find myself putting down half empty drinks and forgetting about tephem all the time now. Weird.

If you do decide to drink, drink a glass of water in between each hard liquor mixed drink and between every 2 beers. You’ll still get drunk but your hang over will be much less and youll stay a little more hydrated. That the best advice I can give you. If you’ve ever waken up to a hangover while in aas you’d know, it’s literally the worst. I though a plain hangovee sucked..try it on aas and it make that look like a cake walk. I’m sure many many have been there.

Good luck

Sugar 
    none
    makes you piss out your extra testosterone , so if you want to go out and drink just take the rest of your cycle and throw it in the toilet much less painful than putting the needle in and then just pissing it out

0utlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View
    makes you piss out your extra testosterone, so if you want to go out and drink just take the rest of your cycle and throw it in the toilet much less painful than putting the needle in and then just pissing it out

complete bullshit. Please dont make shit up to a legitimate question

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInkView
    It comes down to a choice: a party lifestyle or a commitment to body building. You have to decide. This is one of many reasons we advise younger guys to wait before cycling. When you’re young, you’re impetuous and life is about having as much fun as possible. That doesn’t mean the older guys on here don’t enjoy an occasional drink (or don’t party it up) but the younger you are, the less disciplined you tend to be.

Look at the negative side of alcohol consumption:
    – dehydration (bad for muscles)
    – increased fat production
    – increased estrogen conversion
    – toxicity to liver (bad if you’re taking oral AASs)
    – has no place in your nutrition plan and provides "empty" calories

Some guys here will tell you an occasional drink is harmless and I don’t disagree, but if you can’t avoid drinking until you’re off cycle then it would seem you are less committed than you should be in your decision to use gear.

It’s a personal choice. I just don’t drink while I’m cycling. My fitness gains are a much higher priority.

Perfectly said!

Sugar 
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlawView
    complete bullshit. Please dont make shit up to a legitimate question

not bogus man, heard from several vets, the ach increases aromatise, harder on liver, and the rate at which it hits your blood and is filtered out also carries out test when its pissed out, not all test but enough to make me stop drinking during cycle!

0utlaw
    not bogus man, heard from several vets, the ach increases aromatise, harder on liver, and the rate at which it hits your blood and is filtered out also carries out test when its pissed out, not all test but enough to make me stop drinking during cycle!

and what vet said that?

I agree getting smashed all the time isnt a good idea.
    I used to party all the time on cycle. Not saying it was smart it was just part of my lifestyle at the time. The juice still worked.
    I dont know if you ever been to a club in NYC. Half the guys are huge and ripped and fvcked up beyond belief.
    Again its not a good idea and im not condoning it. But the fact it will kill all your gains and you will piss it out is a joke

Domus
    makes you piss out your extra testosterone, so if you want to go out and drink just take the rest of your cycle and throw it in the toilet much less painful than putting the needle in and then just pissing it out

lol. Also heard it makes you grow a second adams apple.

Sugar 
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlawView
    and what vet said that?

I agree getting smashed all the time isnt a good idea.
    I used to party all the time on cycle. Not saying it was smart it was just part of my lifestyle at the time. The juice still worked.
    I dont know if you ever been to a club in NYC. Half the guys are huge and ripped and fvcked up beyond belief.
    Again its not a good idea and im not condoning it. But the fact it will kill all your gains and you will piss it out is a joke

never said will piss out all your gains, you cant piss out muscle, the extra floating test in your blood and all else is passed out more quickly

lntense
    Im not on anything and havent ever ran proper aas but I just drank for a week straight with 10-15 drinks everyday and now my nips are puffy as hell haha.(Damn vacations) I can definitely see the relation with alcohol to test/estro levels.
    Ilias
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar 
    never said will piss out all your gains, you cant piss out muscle, the extra floating test in your blood and all else is passed out more quickly

Myself and other members and staff are livimg proof it is b.s

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.