AAS and heart problems

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS AAS and heart problems

I am wondering if there are any studies that have proven a link between steroid use (not abuse) and heart disease. From what I have read, if you do things right, you can take AAS and still live a long life.

My first go at using AAS was stupid and could of caused me serious health problems. My second cycle was on sus. I researched everything and it went well. No gyno no nothing and I gained 33lb. At the end of the cycle I got a back injury which has stopped me from going to the gym for a month but I am planning to do one more cycle once I am over the injury so I can get to my goal of 100 lean kg.

My mate took AAS during the 80s and didn’t do any pct. He ended up dead at 42. Now that I know a bit more about AAS, I can tell what the steroids did to him. His chest had a lot of extra tissue on it, big nipples and enlarged organs.

I guess the big question is how much can be considered a safe amount before you will suffer damage? I plan to do the next course and then stop. Maybe when I am in my 40s I’d like to try some HGH which is also an AAS but I have heard that there are health benefits to doing it. Any thoughts?

Viewing 10 replies - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
    warmouth
    Thanks guys. That was alot of good reading. I know it wasnt my thread, but I felt the issure should be considered a bit more. I have hypertension as well honkey kong, but AAS has made it a bit more difficult to control. I ordered ciallis to go with my Losartin ED, but it hasnt done too much. It has help, but not drastically. Iam considering talking woth my physician about a beta blocker nextweek. He had me onthem, but my cardiologist took me off.
    Notsigned
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouthView
    Thanks guys. That was alot of good reading. I know it wasnt my thread, but I felt the issure should be considered a bit more. I have hypertension as well honkey kong, but AAS has made it a bit more difficult to control. I ordered ciallis to go with my Losartin ED, but it hasnt done too much. It has help, but not drastically. Iam considering talking woth my physician about a beta blocker nextweek. He had me onthem, but my cardiologist took me off.

Beta blockers aren’t the type of medication younger men should be trying out right off the bat. I started out with an ACE inhibitor and diuretic Lisinipril/Hctz, which actually worked well with me in lowering my BP. It was dehydrating me way too much and I couldn’t drink enough water to keep up with it.

Lemonada8
    ^^ thats prolly due to the HCTZ.

Ace inhibitors ( or angiotensin receptor blockers) are the first line for HBP, and help protect the heart from remodeling also. if you have high BP, talk to ur doc about those.

Notsigned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8View
    ^^ thats prolly due to the HCTZ.

Ace inhibitors ( or angiotensin receptor blockers) are the first line for HBP, and help protect the heart from remodeling also. if you have high BP, talk to ur doc about those.

They’re the first set of options, but there are a whole buffet of options they can do. It’s a matter of systematically finding what’s right for the individual.

I’m personally really happy with metoprolol. The only thing I dislike is how walmart won’t carry the time-release one for $4 so I take it twice a day.

Tasmaniac
    Bump
    clob4
    ASS can effect your heart i think mainly to the increased extra strenght and battering you give your body in the gym, i mean a good friend of everyones died here a few years ago and he was whacking mls and mls in him daily and ruptured all the vessals around his heart and died in his sleep so you have to be carefull not wanting next days results is best just do it slowly and gradually and i think a healthy life would be on the cards but not if people out rightingly just jab loads of differant drugs and amounts in the body thats gonna def lower your age group i think, so like said it can be attributed but not the cause depends on the individual and how they use it!
    Tasmaniac
    I’m on a 6 month+ cycle of GHRP-6 and will add sus half way through. Once the sus cycle is done I am going to get my heart checked. Fingers Bambssed it’ll be ok. Even going to the gym can cause heart problems due to the development of athlete’s heart.
    Eclipse
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasmaniac
    I’m on a 6 month+ cycle of GHRP-6 and will add sus half way through. Once the sus cycle is done I am going to get my heart checked. Fingers Bambssed it’ll be ok. Even going to the gym can cause heart problems due to the development of athlete’s heart.

I have athletes heart

Tasmaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseView
    I have athletes heart

What has your doctor said about it?
    Mine was saying that if I developed it, there are things you can do to make sure you still live a long life. Correct?

Lemonada8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasmaniac
    What has your doctor said about it?
    Mine was saying that if I developed it, there are things you can do to make sure you still live a long life. Correct?

Yea there are ways to help keep the athletes heart from becoming pathogenic.
    Endurance exercise helps keep the chamber size open while there is hypertrophy of the cardiac cells which helps to increase contractiliry and shifting the frank-starling curve to the right

Viewing 10 replies - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.