AAS and heart problems

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS AAS and heart problems

I am wondering if there are any studies that have proven a link between steroid use (not abuse) and heart disease. From what I have read, if you do things right, you can take AAS and still live a long life.

My first go at using AAS was stupid and could of caused me serious health problems. My second cycle was on sus. I researched everything and it went well. No gyno no nothing and I gained 33lb. At the end of the cycle I got a back injury which has stopped me from going to the gym for a month but I am planning to do one more cycle once I am over the injury so I can get to my goal of 100 lean kg.

My mate took AAS during the 80s and didn’t do any pct. He ended up dead at 42. Now that I know a bit more about AAS, I can tell what the steroids did to him. His chest had a lot of extra tissue on it, big nipples and enlarged organs.

I guess the big question is how much can be considered a safe amount before you will suffer damage? I plan to do the next course and then stop. Maybe when I am in my 40s I’d like to try some HGH which is also an AAS but I have heard that there are health benefits to doing it. Any thoughts?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
    Eclipse
    aas raises ldl and lowers hdl (we all take omega 3’s and a lot of them)
    it also causes hypertrophy. this can be an issue with long term use imo
    MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    aas raises ldl and lowers hdl (we all take omega 3’s and a lot of them)
    it also causes hypertrophy. this can be an issue with long term use imo

Omegas won’t affect LDL, HDL, or total cholesterol – only triglycerides. This is a popular misconception and the bioavailability and purity of omegas in krill oil is reportedly superior than fish oils.

Lemonada8
    its all about training. your heart is a muscle. U take test to increase your muscle mass, and your heart also increases.
    Its easier to get hypertrophy while on AAS, and combined with the lack of enough cardio to help dilate the chamber leads to problems. There is also a genetic component, to those who are more susceptible to have hypertrophy without the increase in chamber size.
    Endurance exercise is very smart to do on a cycle, ( and all the time) it helps increase the chamber size to keep stroke volume from decreasing.

Its a quality of life issue, you eat like crap, dont do cardio exercise and do AAS you are going ot have worse sides then if you ate good, and worked out good.

what is a good protocols for this?
    Tasmaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8View
    its all about training. your heart is a muscle. U take test to increase your muscle mass, and your heart also increases.
    Its easier to get hypertrophy while on AAS, and combined with the lack of enough cardio to help dilate the chamber leads to problems. There is also a genetic component, to those who are more susceptible to have hypertrophy without the increase in chamber size.
    Endurance exercise is very smart to do on a cycle, ( and all the time) it helps increase the chamber size to keep stroke volume from decreasing.

Its a quality of life issue, you eat like crap, dont do cardio exercise and do AAS you are going ot have worse sides then if you ate good, and worked out good.

In my case, say if I added a significant cardio session to my training, I’d probably have to do two cycles to get the gains I want. The reason why I need AAS to put the weight on faster is because of a fast metabolism and back problems which keep me out of the gym occasionally. Would test make your heart get bigger very quickly? I could understand how an AAS like dianabol would be a problem…

Tasmaniac
    Sorry, double post…
    warmouth
    This topic needs to be expounded on much more thoroughly. I dont know if it has not been brought up very often(when it has, that Ive seen, it seems to be short lived). I dont know if it has been discussed much in the past, but I have read alot of old posts. Maybe it is one of those issues that is "touchy" because we dont know the exact answer too andjust flippantly comment of just ignore totally out of not knowing or fear. I feel like we should, as AAS users, tak about it. I know frommy own research, via google, bing, it is all the same thing. "steroids are horrible for you and you will die early. Steriods cause heart attacks, blah blah." I would really like to delveinto this subject deeper, and hear from esperience. I had a serious situation today I though about posting in the lounge, and I still might if I can. Everything in the media gives scare tactics and such, but from users, its the exact opposite. I am going to post up my situation in the lounge to get some input as well. It has been bugging me all day long. Thanks guys.

Eclipse
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Omegas won’t affect LDL, HDL, or total cholesterol – only triglycerides. This is a popular misconception and the bioavailability and purity of omegas in krill oil is reportedly superior than fish oils.

Thanks ink
    So do you just take cholesterol pills to help out with your LDL hdl

Domus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    Thanks ink
    So do you just take cholesterol pills to help out with your LDL hdl

I take Crestor @ 5mg Ed.

Metalject
    The odds of a single cycle even with heavy doses causing any serious concern is extremely remote. However, year in and year out cardiovascular strain could possibly promote things like a heart attack or stroke, but the word "possible" is a very important word. A healthy lifestyle is, however, very important if you’re going to supplement.

An interesting note, there’s strong evidence that low testosterone levels will increase the risk of heart disease or heart attack.

warmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaljectView
    The odds of a single cycle even with heavy doses causing any serious concern is extremely remote. However, year in and year out cardiovascular strain could possibly promote things like a heart attack or stroke, but the word "possible" is a very important word. A healthy lifestyle is, however, very important if you’re going to supplement.

An interesting note, there’s strong evidence that low testosterone levels will increase the risk of heart disease or heart attack.

Ok, but I am not referring to single cycles, and the Op has done more than a single. I am talking 2 cycles a year, maybe a litte 4 week "kicker" while on TRT of like halo, winny, mast, etc just to blast. I am wondering if the 2 cycle a year for say 10 years will have, on average, permanent or irriversable damage to your heart. There is alot of "ex" TrueMaxders out there that checked out fairly young. I know they did more AAS than the average joe, but it make me think of what kind of damage there is long term for the hobbyist? Thanks!

Metalject
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouthView
    Ok, but I am not referring to single cycles, and the Op has done more than a single. I am talking 2 cycles a year, maybe a litte 4 week "kicker" while on TRT of like halo, winny, mast, etc just to blast. I am wondering if the 2 cycle a year for say 10 years will have, on average, permanent or irriversable damage to your heart. There is alot of "ex" TrueMaxders out there that checked out fairly young. I know they did more AAS than the average joe, but it make me think of what kind of damage there is long term for the hobbyist? Thanks!

I understand that. There are a lot of TrueMaxders who have died young or at least not at a very old age. However, you have to take into account everything those guys were doing. Like you said, first off the amount of AAS a lot of those guys use is extremely heavy. Secondly and of equal importance is the stress they’re putting their body’s under through massive diuretic use, extreme diets and a host of other non-steroidal compounds that are sometimes used such as painkillers. A lot of TrueMaxders end up addicted to painkillers, especially opiates, due to the massive strain they put on their body and we know those things are far more damaging long term.

Unfortunately, what you’re asking for in terms of a long term study done on typical TrueMaxding cycles, I don’t know of anything out there that’s concrete. However, we do know that testosterone has been commercially available since 1937 and we know anabolic steroids have been widely available since the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. During that time, a lot more men have lived long relatively healthy lives and a lot of them were not doing what anyone here would call a responsible cycle. I don’t say that to take away from responsible cycling, of course that’s a better thing. Kind of a side note though, it does irritate me a little when people say to someone "your cycle is irresponsible and is what gives AAS users a bad name." No, the mere fact that you’re toudark_sideng AAS gives you a bad name in the public eye regardless of how responsible it is in the view of other steroid users.

Quote Originally Posted by Domus
    I take Crestor @ 5mg Ed.

What are side effects of crestor ?

Domus
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_FirestarterView
    What are side effects of crestor ?

none for me. But they list a ton…

Notsigned
    Quote Originally Posted by TasmaniacView
    I am wondering if there are any studies that have proven a link between steroid use (not abuse) and heart disease. From what I have read, if you do things right, you can take AAS and still live a long life.

My first go at using AAS was stupid and could of caused me serious health problems. My second cycle was on sus. I researched everything and it went well. No gyno no nothing and I gained 33lb. At the end of the cycle I got a back injury which has stopped me from going to the gym for a month but I am planning to do one more cycle once I am over the injury so I can get to my goal of 100 lean kg.

My mate took AAS during the 80s and didn’t do any pct. He ended up dead at 42. Now that I know a bit more about AAS, I can tell what the steroids did to him. His chest had a lot of extra tissue on it, big nipples and enlarged organs.

I guess the big question is how much can be considered a safe amount before you will suffer damage? I plan to do the next course and then stop. Maybe when I am in my 40s I’d like to try some HGH which is also an AAS but I have heard that there are health benefits to doing it. Any thoughts?

Could AAS have played a role in his heart attack? It’s possible, but I don’t think you could honestly say it was the cause in this case. People DO have heart attacks sometimes earlier in life (unfortunately). Just because your buddy had a fatal heart attack and used AAS before, it doesn’t mean that AAS necessarily CAUSED the heart attack. I really think we need to have studies done on this comparing natural athletes to similar athletes that use gear and looking at correlations.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.