What should my diet and training be like while on steroids?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS What should my diet and training be like while on steroids?

Hello, I am just starting my first cycle. 500 mg test/week and 40 mg dbol /day. Was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should train and eat.
    Training Schedule is as follows:
    Split is like this:
    Day 1 :Chest/tris, or chest/abs/calves, depending on how tris are feeling. (Might also do light cardio on this day as well)(will do tris on shoulder day if I feel its not appropriate on this day.
    Day 2: Back/Bis, or just back/forearms. (If not today will do bis on leg day, but for the most part I do bis on back day. Also no deadlifts or anything this day is specifically for inner traps and lats thickness and width.)
    Day 3: Shoulders/traps/tris or just Shoulders/traps (Doing tris on this day depends on if I did them on chest day or not.
    Day 4: Legs(Quads or Hams/glutes) or Legs/bis (Best day of the week. Again, will only do bis if I didnt do it on back day.)
    Day 5: Rest
    Day 6: Light cardio, preferably stairmaster, just for cardiovascular health.

Rep range: What rep ranges do you guys feel works best for your training days? I like to do my heavy ass lifts at the start, like 12-6 reps (3 maybe 4 sets) for a heavy exercise, and then followed by 4 or 5 exercises (maybe 4-5 sets each exercise, fast paced, 12-16 reps, where the last few reps are near impossible without a spot or a push). So say for leg day, 3-4 sets, 12 reps lighter down to 6 reps heavier, then I’ll do maybe front squats 4-5 sets, 1:30 rest, 16 down to 12 reps, increasing weight each set. Also might incorporate drop sets and supersets if I want to burn them out. This will continue for 4-5 exercises. Will this be better, or do you guys think a rep range of 4-10 reps, with maximum weight would be better? I heard longer exposure to resistance would be better than more weight? Just wanting to
    make sure I make the most gains possible.

Now my diet:
    (I weigh 160 lbs, 5’6”, and about 9% bf.)
    Protein: 300 grams a day
    Carbs: 600 g a day (Mostly complex, all simple carbs will be before and after my workouts)
    Fat:100 g a day, will keep them healthy fats, like guac and almonds and shit
    (Total 4500 calories, trying to at least maintain bodyfat, or even lose some, while gaining maximum muscle mass)

So what do you guys think?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    death star
    You should know all of these things prior to beginning anabolic steroids . This is why we advise training for at least 5 years naturally prior to using anabolic steroids . You must know your own body, how it reacts to natural training stimuli and nutritional protocols. Anabolic steroids will not create, they only enhance what you have already been doing.

MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by death star
    You should know all of these things prior to beginning anabolic steroids. This is why we advise training for at least 5 years naturally prior to using anabolic steroids. You must know your own body, how it reacts to natural training stimuli and nutritional protocols. Anabolic steroids will not create, they only enhance what you have already been doing.

I can’t believe the number of threads along this same theme lately. How should I eat? How should I train? How much gear do I take? What’s PCT?

Does nobody read anymore? We’re here to help but sometimes it gets ridiculous.

master1924
    Quote Originally Posted by death starView
    You should know all of these things prior to beginning anabolic steroids. This is why we advise training for at least 5 years naturally prior to using anabolic steroids. You must know your own body, how it reacts to natural training stimuli and nutritional protocols. Anabolic steroids will not create, they only enhance what you have already been doing.

Sorry, but I was just wondering if I should be doing anything different. I have been training for 4 years this April. This is usually my routine, though I like to switch it up a lot. This has worked best for me. Just wanted to know best workout routine and such while on a cycle, as this is my very first one and I’ve never had any experience with them. I have plenty experience with natty gains, none with juiced. Are there any links or such you could guide me to? That would be real helpful. Thanks

death star
    You should not be doing anything different on-cycle than you would otherwise be doing off-cycle. Do not change your routine around, do not start training in different rep ranges, do not start training muscle groups more frequently or less frequently on-cycle. Anabolic steroids will only enhance what you have already been doing. Your nutrition is the only dynamic that should change.

The most ridiculous thing you can do is change your training frequency or change ANYTHING just for an AAS cycle aside from the usual routine periodization and regular changes you make. And those changes should never be drastic!

When using AAS, you should already by this point in your training career to have enough experience to know how your body responds to certain exercises, set/rep schemes, and training programs. This is one of the many important reasons why we advocate training naturally for as long as you can prior to using anabolic steroids ! So in short, do what has been giving you results your whole TrueMaxding journy so far. Anabolic steroids do not create – they only ENHANCE what you have already been doing. If you’ve been putting on muscle well so far naturally, then anabolic steroids should enhance that by far even more. But what will determine your results is proper rest and diet.

I’ve seen alot of guys who use juice as an excuse to start training each muscle group even more frequently, and surprise surprise: they don’t see the results as expected because they still overtrain. Though steroids reduce the likelihood of overtraining, they don’t remove it. It’s a big, BIG, BIG misconception. AAS will decrease your recovery time, yes… but it doesn’t make you king. The general idea I am getting at here is this: Keep doing the same frequency and routine you’ve been doing so far (as long as that has been working) and the gear will help you put on even more size. The way I personally train on cycle is the exact same way I train when off-cycle! Remember, steroids don’t create, they only enhance.

What put the muscle on you in the first place will help keep it there, and with AAS it will enhance your gains even more.

tdoe11
    Your gonna get real fat with that diet dude. I am 6"1′ 225 about 15% and I eat 4000 Cals a day and gain weight steadily on cycle. I’m guessing but you would be around 3500 cals a day
    master1924
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11View
    Your gonna get real fat with that diet dude. I am 6"1′ 225 about 15% and I eat 4000 Cals a day and gain weight steadily on cycle. I’m guessing but you would be around 3500 cals a day

Blanket statements like this aren’t really helpful…my friend is 172 6% bf cutting for his first comp in 11 weeks and eats over 3500 calories a day, more on lift days…

gringo
    Quote Originally Posted by master1924View
    Hello, I am just starting my first cycle. 500 mg test/week and 40 mg dbol /day. Was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should train and eat.
    Training Schedule is as follows:
    Split is like this:
    Day 1 :Chest/tris, or chest/abs/calves, depending on how tris are feeling. (Might also do light cardio on this day as well)(will do tris on shoulder day if I feel its not appropriate on this day.
    Day 2: Back/Bis, or just back/forearms. (If not today will do bis on leg day, but for the most part I do bis on back day. Also no deadlifts or anything this day is specifically for inner traps and lats thickness and width.)
    Day 3: Shoulders/traps/tris or just Shoulders/traps (Doing tris on this day depends on if I did them on chest day or not.
    Day 4: Legs(Quads or Hams/glutes) or Legs/bis (Best day of the week. Again, will only do bis if I didnt do it on back day.)
    Day 5: Rest
    Day 6: Light cardio, preferably stairmaster, just for cardiovascular health.

Rep range: What rep ranges do you guys feel works best for your training days? I like to do my heavy ass lifts at the start, like 12-6 reps (3 maybe 4 sets) for a heavy exercise, and then followed by 4 or 5 exercises (maybe 4-5 sets each exercise, fast paced, 12-16 reps, where the last few reps are near impossible without a spot or a push). So say for leg day, 3-4 sets, 12 reps lighter down to 6 reps heavier, then I’ll do maybe front squats 4-5 sets, 1:30 rest, 16 down to 12 reps, increasing weight each set. Also might incorporate drop sets and supersets if I want to burn them out. This will continue for 4-5 exercises. Will this be better, or do you guys think a rep range of 4-10 reps, with maximum weight would be better? I heard longer exposure to resistance would be better than more weight? Just wanting to
    make sure I make the most gains possible.

Now my diet:
    (I weigh 160 lbs, 5’6”, and about 9% bf.)
    Protein: 300 grams a day
    Carbs: 600 g a day (Mostly complex, all simple carbs will be before and after my workouts)
    Fat:100 g a day, will keep them healthy fats, like guac and almonds and shit
    (Total 4500 calories, trying to at least maintain bodyfat, or even lose some, while gaining maximum muscle mass)

So what do you guys think?

Your eating too much protein….. Your calories look way too high…

Head over to the nutrition section and post up there…..

You look like your following a fairly high volume split….. While on cycle I’d recommend that intensity is through the roof and volume is low to moderate… So look into Dorian Yates style HIT type training….

Provita
    Agree on all above:

1. Training should stay the same. (only the weight should increase as strength gains come)
    2. Diet does not look right. I’m at 160lb and very active and 4500kCals seems far too much. Try and post diet and stats in Nutrition forum, to get some helpful advise.

master1924
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance1View
    Blanket statements like this aren’t really helpful…my friend is 172 6% bf cutting for his first comp in 11 weeks and eats over 3500 calories a day, more on lift days…

I agree with that. The reason I’m able to eat so many calories is because of the high volume of training I have… I’ve tried low reps and it just hasn’t worked the best for me. A lot less calories burnt.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.