talking to a doctor about steroids?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS talking to a doctor about steroids?

Im a disabled person in intensive rehab. Ive been working out for years now and have gotten stronger but my real problem is losing weight. Im not making excuses but sitting in a wheelchair all day makes it hard to lose weight, my matabolism has to have dropped dramatically because ive cut calories to insane levels and have had minimal results..

well the real point of the question is I want to talk to a doctor about possibly getting on a steroid regimen to not only help with the weight loss but also make me even stronger so I can become more independent. strength and weight can be life changing in a disabled situation.

which type of doctor should I see to talk about a thing like this and how do i broach the subject? I dont want to come off as a drug addict but I feel I really need some help because im kinda stuck right now. i dont want anything drastic just a nice safe boost to help with strength and weightloss.

any suggestions will be appreciated…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    Weight loss = diet
    You gotta eat the right foods
    TED
    A doctor is not going to prescribe aas for weight loss. If you have blood work done and your test levels are out of the average range, they may prescribe you a dose to bring your levels up.
    Times Roman
    Quote Originally Posted by Luk_SkywalkerView
    A doctor is not going to prescribe aas for weight loss. If you have blood work done and your test levels are out of the average range, they may prescribe you a dose to bring your levels up.

Mates,

OP is in a unique position, different from all the rest. As such, the advice should be tailored to his unique set of needs.

Of course, diet is important, but his complaint is not able to lose weight. If I’ve heard him correctly, he seems to be gaining weight due to a shifting metabolism. His base metabolic rate is decreasing, and he is finding it difficult to do anything about it. Everything else being the same, he would need to do MORE cardio given the same diet than a normal person, since confined and inactive in a chair most of the time. And People in wheel chairs have a harder time with cardio.

The best thing you can do, since i don’t know much about your condition, is to discuss this issue with youur doctor. He may be able to work up complete blood panels, including thyroid. If your thyroid is low, some T3 could reboot your metabolism. Additionally, you may have low testosterone . If so, replacement therapy may be of help. It’s really hard to tell what is goiing on without the blood panels though, so highly suggest getting them.

Get the blood panels, and then come back and let us know what is going on.

Good luck!

—Roman

magnum29464
    Quote Originally Posted by Times RomanView
    Mates,

OP is in a unique position, different from all the rest. As such, the advice should be tailored to his unique set of needs.

Of course, diet is important, but his complaint is not able to lose weight. If I’ve heard him correctly, he seems to be gaining weight due to a shifting metabolism. His base metabolic rate is decreasing, and he is finding it difficult to do anything about it. Everything else being the same, he would need to do MORE cardio given the same diet than a normal person, since confined and inactive in a chair most of the time. And People in wheel chairs have a harder time with cardio.

The best thing you can do, since i don’t know much about your condition, is to discuss this issue with youur doctor. He may be able to work up complete blood panels, including thyroid. If your thyroid is low, some T3 could reboot your metabolism. Additionally, you may have low testosterone . If so, replacement therapy may be of help. It’s really hard to tell what is goiing on without the blood panels though, so highly suggest getting them.

Get the blood panels, and then come back and let us know what is going on.

Good luck!

—Roman

thanks for the response, you seem to understand my dilemma. I do diet and workout but what I think people underestimate is how much things like walking and standing affects there metabolism. trust me, if any of you spent your life either sitting or laying as I do you would find your current diets not nearly as effective as they currently are.

but besides that point which doctor do you recommend I speak to in order to get this done? Should I check with my general physician, or should I goto to some sort of sports medicine doctor, dietitian (they suck in my opinion)? Im wondering which doctor would understand my situation best…

renepjd
    Great response TR.

Op, finding a doc is the hard part. Titles mean nothing when it comes to hormone therapy in most cases, unless they’re A4M Certified. Check the finding a physician sticky on the TRT Forum as it may help link you up.

Faith
    Thanks for the informative post. I had been receiving advertisements for a local clinic which works with your hormone levels, but I think it may be just a way to circumvent traditional medicine. It has something to do about "bioidentical" hormone replacement therapy versus conventional hormone replacement therapy. But as the previous poster said, I think either of these methods get your levels back to normal, I don’t think they are used to go above that level.
    twinni
    Maybe some inspiration. On YouTube there is a man that is wheelchair bound and has some workout videos posted his name is Jay. Check it out the guy is amazing. All the best in your quest.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.