Steroids for weight loss

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids for weight loss

Hi all, I’m a 34 year old male with a couple questions…. Throughout the majority of my adult life I have struggled with weight. Approx 1 year ago I tipped the scales at 325Lbs (height 6’5"). I now weigh in 285lbs. I can not tell you my BF% but I would guess from my weight it is fairly high. I have been lifting and doing cardio consistently throughout this time frame. One day weightlifting(Monday – chest/biceps; Wednesday- shoulders/triceps; Friday- Legs/back), next cardio(30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes recumbant bike) with one day of rest. I should also point out that I can see and feel muscle gain as a result of exercise. For approx. the last few months I have really been struggling to lose anymore weight or anymore real muscle gains to speak of. As far back as I can recall I have had "man boobs" Originally I chalked this off to being overweight, but recently questioned if it was due to hormone imbalance. So off to the docs I went for a hormone level test. The results of the test show that my hormone levels (test, free test, est, thyroid) are all within "normal" range. So my question is would the use of an AAS accompanied with a proper diet and exercise assist me with ridding the man boobs and help me achieve the body composition I’m looking for? I have talked to a few people that I know who use gear and the messages are mixed. One person telling me, don’t do it; it will only make things worse. While someone else recommending a cycle of test/ tren with an AI. I’am so torn on what to do, part of me wants to do a cycle to see what muscle gains/ fat loss I can acheive. While the other part of me is scared to death that I could do more harm than good, Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I should also point out that I have recently had my blood pressure, cholestorol, and blood sugar levels checked, and all are within a healthy range. Thanks for any input….

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
    Boom
    Firstly, post up your current diet.

Secondly, calculate your TDEE. You will need your body fat %. Jump on the professional scales at a pharmacy. They tend to have BF% readers in them, or if you can, BodPod.

Thirdly, post up those bloodwork results if you have them. ‘Within normal’ can mean a lot of things, the experts here know more than the average doctor about hormones.

I really would not suggest any steroids until your duet is in check and you are making marked progress in the gym. Once you get down to a reasonable BF% then we can discuss cutting cycles etc.

Regards
    Krugerr

warmouth
    Honestly, there isnt a steriod for weight loss. There are certain drugs you can take, but AAS are not intended for weight loss. There is certain steriods that help aid fat loss, but to get any noticeable results from them, you have to be pretty lean to begin with. Anavar , masteron , winstrol , etc. all work to helpaid fat loss during a calorie deficit diet, but they really only work if you are 15% or lower. Optimum results come if you are 12% or lower. 15 percent is still fairly high when using the "cutters". Diet is for real the key. I know you hate to hear it, as we all do, but it is the only surefire way to lose weight. If you post up in the nutrition section, those guys can put you on a guaranteed to work diet, and the pounds will fall off quick. Free nutritionists at you disposal. Once your diet is in check and you progress and lose a few pounds, you may want to check out our site sponsor to help you bust through any plateaus you may experience. Good luck!

songdog
    Bro aas isnt a diet aid your best bet is diet and cardio.So many see BBers using aas to cut weight.But the fact of the matter is they are using the aas to avoid muscle loss during a cut cycle.And the way you are talking I believe your bf% to be high.So the best thing I can tell you is diet and cardio Bro.
    eXempLe
    And also do high intensity interval training. Not just strictly low slow cardio. You’ll lose more fat.
    Pipeguy
    Thanks for the replies. I will stick to good old diet and exercise at this point, and work on getting my BF% to a respectable level before I consider using aas. Have to point out that its nice to be able to turn to people that are actually knowledgeable on the subject. Thanks again.
    Lunk1
    NO…whats nice is being able to offer advice and assistance to level headed and mature adults like yourself that see the importance of health risks. The few that come here not only looking for advice but also willing to accept the advice given because they can see it’s what’s in their best interests. THANK YOU!!!!
    NuR_01
    I agree!!! I was shocked to see a "thanks ill listen to that" ;lol —
    NuR_01
    If i can add my .02 I agree – your not quite ready for AAS — and I dont know if this next advice applies to you but you can make that call ….

My only advice – is make sure your muscles are working for you as much as they can. What i mean by that is – and I use ME as an example so I dont offend you….
    But at my highest (351) I was HUGE and WEAK. I couldnt bench up over 140 and my arms were basically "fat sticks" – no muscle at all really. So then I started to lose weight by doing cardio….and dieting alot! And after 2 or 3 months – i was dropping weight but it was slower than I wanted …. and I was still weak. My arms were THIN AS F*** — cause – The more you diet and do cardio the more muscle you lose – and in turn the HARDER it is to lose wieght if you have that ‘saggy fat’ so many of us have. Its a fact – MUSCLE is a great fat burner.

So in a nut shell….make sure you are doing wieght training alot — even more then cardio — cause if you were like me – your muscles were almost in an undeveloped stage. And once you build them up – then when you do cardio – you will see more BF drop – without losing your gains.

A 220 lb man with a BF of 30% is not going to burn WAY LESS calories as a 220 lb man with a BF of 15%…..just IMO

songdog
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1View
    NO…whats nice is being able to offer advice and assistance to level headed and mature adults like yourself that see the importance of health risks. The few that come here not only looking for advice but also willing to accept the advice given because they can see it’s what’s in their best interests. THANK YOU!!!!

I 2nd that

ppwc1985
    ^^^^what he said, lol I was in same boat 308, but I had a background in bb so it’s was easier for me. Plus along with what he was saying about working you muscle. When you do cardio which you should, you burn bf for a couple hrs. But with weightraining you burn calories for up to 24 hrs after. Find you lbm and eat for it not for what you weigh. And try intermittent fasting, search it on the web, I made good progress with this along with alot members here. Good luck
    mex83
    I joined this site back in 2008 and I have to say that these guys know so much more than your average doc, personal trainers, naturalist,etc. These guys live, dream, work, shit, piss, and have hunger for training. The best advice will come from these guys and I have and will always be thankful and follow everything they tell me to the T. I lost 50 lbs the first time with these guys, I gained them back and even gain more than the 50 but due to personal problems and even changes in place of residence. I have been hitting the gym hard since Jan of this year, of course along with a good meal plan… hence I said meal plan not diet since the change you are trying to do is a life change not something that you do for a few weeks only. THANKS GUYS!!!
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.