Steroids and the brain

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids and the brain

Hello all, I am writing a report in my university about the effects of steroids on the brain. I am having a rather hard time depicting the actual truth because articles i have read seem to contradict one another. I figured this forum would be a good place to ask as i am finding mixed information, does many of the generic testosterone steroids many bodybuilders, athletes , etc use have the capability to lower or impair ones mind? Yes this may seem to be a stupid question but im trying to depict whether steroids can have negative effects on the mind other then irritability, aggression etc. Can it lower ones cognitive functions, and impair deep thought, can it make you feel or seem dumber, or smarter even.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
    panntastic
    Hi
    This is not a stupid question at all as you are trying to learn and you’ve asked such a intelligent question it’s a refreshing change.
    I can’t speak for others and their experiences but I can give you my own personal ones from using steroids .
    When using steroids I normally feel elated all the time not that it gives me any sort of high this isn’t the case but I personally feel like I am happy and on top of the world.
    I have a good positive outlook on life anyway And when cycling with AAS I feel that this outlook is enhanced somewhat.
    It does not stop or hinder my thinking at all I got no ill effects regarding memory loss from cycling either.
    The raised levels in testosterone made my libido go crazy and I started thinking with not just my brain if you catch my drift.

Other than that I have had no ill effects no memory loss no psychological effects.

I hope this can help you?

TII
    Op, you need to define your parameters more clearly. Define your test subjects. Age range, gender, training experience. Define what you mean by steroid use . What drugs, what dose, what duration. Define your end results. Ability to fly a plane? Ability to solve complex puzzles? Ability to remember 10 random objects in a box?

Among other things.

You know what i mean?

O think it depends on the person themselves , and there personality .

Everyone is different . For example have a buddy that was a as*hole , he started doing gear and just couldn’t control his anger … Very irritated and snappy

Mmyself , im mellow , and kind , and have great stress management skills .. On cycle i feel great , and happy in a way , not high or anything , but a sense of well being .

So if your a Di*k andstart doing gears chances are your going to be a bigger one if you cant control your self

I also think that all the "roid rage " media and horror stories make a psychological ball start rolling … "Oh if you take this you will be a monster ..and will be bad ass ,makes you crazy strong , andsupper aggressive in the gym.." or the" roid rage " deaths .fights . Etc..

People dont understand that it carries in your life … Not just in the gym…

And some of the side effects caused by AAS of course can cause psychological issues …on or off cycle-testicular atrophy , gyno, baldness ,-can cause anxieties ,and depressions …

Everyone is different … Imho no one should do AAS until they know them selves physically , mentally and even spiritually ..

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_Firestarter
    O think it depends on the person themselves , and there personality .

Everyone is different . For example have a buddy that was a as*hole , he started doing gear and just couldn’t control his anger … Very irritated and snappy

Mmyself , im mellow , and kind , and have great stress management skills .. On cycle i feel great , and happy in a way , not high or anything , but a sense of well being .

So if your a Di*k andstart doing gears chances are your going to be a bigger one if you cant control your self

I also think that all the "roid rage " media and horror stories make a psychological ball start rolling … "Oh if you take this you will be a monster ..and will be bad ass ,makes you crazy strong , andsupper aggressive in the gym.." or the" roid rage " deaths .fights . Etc..

People dont understand that it carries in your life … Not just in the gym…

And some of the side effects caused by AAS of course can cause psychological issues …on or off cycle-testicular atrophy , gyno, baldness ,-can cause anxieties ,and depressions …

Everyone is different … Imho no one should do AAS until they know them selves physically , mentally and even spiritually ..

Also it has said to help short term memory loss as a side effect of low T.. I feel sharper on it.. Not smarter like i can understand quantum physics

tdd_br
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_FirestarterView
    Also it has said to help short term memory loss as a side effect of low T.. I feel sharper on it.. Not smarter like i can understand quantum physics

Intredasting, id like to know more. The "sense of well being" makes me want to hope on juice but all the possible cons really scare me, its risky business I guess. And thought AAS could only affect you physically, not psychologically/mentally. Gotta research on this part of the spectrum. f*** so much we need to know about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tdd_br
    Intredasting, id like to know more. The "sense of well being" makes me want to hope on juice but all the possible cons really scare me, its risky business I guess. And thought AAS could only affect you physically, not psychologically/mentally. Gotta research on this part of the spectrum. f*** so much need have to know about!!!

Like i said everyone is id different …
    Not everyone has same effect or sides …good luck

Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandudeView
    Op, you need to define your parameters more clearly. Define your test subjects. Age range, gender, training experience. Define what you mean by steroid use . What drugs, what dose, what duration. Define your end results. Ability to fly a plane? Ability to solve complex puzzles? Ability to remember 10 random objects in a box?

Among other things.

You know what i mean?

Basically what i was trying to research was the ability to remember things ( in terms of short term ), as well as the ability to learn to puzzles or complex math, etc. ? I do agree i left my question rather more wide open and not as narrow as it could have been. Basically the conclusion I am getting on this forum is that majority of people who commented do not notice any real effect in terms of learning and cognitive functions, however they noticed the more common sides as in " it makes you more of what you are ", a happy person = " happier " while a jerk = " ahole". I do appreciate all the posts contributed, i’d ask a more detailed question but this is a report, I must also learn in the process.
    Thanks

MR-FQ320
    With regards to intelligence, i had that much gear floating around me, I had ‘brain fog’, turned into a total dumHomer, words letters and numbers all mixed up, i knew I had to lower the dosages.
    dec11
    mentally they can give a higher sex drive, more confidence, make me more assertive and if using tren , i become more irritable. im biting my tongue and fingers on another current thread

stpete
    What was the question?……….Oh yeah. Other than possible ED and the expenses, nothing is out of the norm regarding AAS and it’s sides. Sides are compound dependent but not the ones you refer to. I’ve had no memory loss, that i know of, or anything else negatively impacting my world.
    BcK
    Quote Originally Posted by stpeteView
    What was the question?……….Oh yeah. Other than possible ED and the expenses, nothing is out of the norm regarding AAS and it’s sides. Sides are compound dependent but not the ones you refer to. I’ve had no memory loss, that i know of, or anything else negatively impacting my world.

Stp you don’t have any memory loss that you remember?

Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320View
    With regards to intelligence, i had that much gear floating around me, I had ‘brain fog’, turned into a total dumHomer, words letters and numbers all mixed up, i knew I had to lower the dosages.

Wow, did not know you can get brain fog from aas! Interesting to know, how was your diet may i ask? I had a case of it before but that was when i was younger not due to aas, but due to eating very little being a kid.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.