Steroids @ 20 yrs old? Cycle of testosterone. Thoughts?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids @ 20 yrs old? Cycle of testosterone. Thoughts?

I’m thinking of doing a cycle of test when I turn 20 this year… I know this is kind of young, but I have VERY big dreams when it comes to bodybuilding. The level I want to compete at requires steroids to be taken… By my 20th I would have been lifting for almost 2 years. I eat the same macro’s every day and am currently cutting to 10% BF… when I do the cycle of test I plan to be bulking… Thoughts on this?

Also, is it better to do either hypertrophy or strength training when taking test? Currently I’m doing SS 3×5 and making some nice progress despite the fact I’m cutting.

Thanks in advance guys?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
    MickeyKnox
    How big are your dreams when it comes to performing with a girl, or having dark_sidelCrash007, or a multitude of other setbacks and complications? Dont do it man. You’ll be back here crying for help faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

Read this thread bro..

The Young and Steroids

Slan
    Spend some time on here reading and you will understand!
    redz
    almost 2 years of training? Seriously that is nothing, you don`t need to risk your future health for this.
    likelifting
    When I think back to when I was 20, I think about going to the gym and lifting but mostly it was about fvcking dark_sidex. A cycle didn’t Bambss my mind.
    Knavewands
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnoxView
    almost 2 years of training? Seriously that is nothing, you don`t need to risk your future health for this.

Okay, well by the time I’m 24 I would have been training for 6.5 years.

swarog88
    Good choice op. stick around and research !
    MickeyKnox
    Quote Originally Posted by KnavewandsView
    Well that just scared the sh*t out of me... I think I will wait until I’m 24… and I will do a LOT of research first… seeing as a lot of problems seem to be from not a proper cycle/no PCT… thanks

Okay, well by the time I’m 24 I would have been training for 6.5 years.

And rightly so, it should! Good call buddy!

paul74
    [QUOTE=MickeyKnox;6392466]How big are your dreams when it comes to performing with a girl, or having dark_sidelCrash007, or a multitude of other setbacks and complications? Dont do it man. You’ll be back here crying for help faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

Hey, I agree here, And 2 yrs is nothing really and at your age. you haven’t seen what your mature body can do yet. But your planing to fast. Just listen, read, eat sleep and train like a tiger for a several more years. … paul74

IDDQD
    [QUOTE=paul74;6392511]

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnoxView
    How big are your dreams when it comes to performing with a girl, or having dark_sidelCrash007, or a multitude of other setbacks and complications? Dont do it man. You’ll be back here crying for help faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

Hey, I agree here, And 2 yrs is nothing really and at your age. you haven’t seen what your mature body can do yet. But your planing to fast. Just listen, read, eat sleep and train like a tiger for a several more years. … paul74

Right on. I’m more concerned with the fact that you have been only training for two years. Wait till ur 23 birthday.

sixfootseven
    op wait till you are 25, then you will have 7 years of training and will be able to take full advantage of your diet and training knowledge from the get-go
    Bad Monkey
    atleast wait 2-3 years, 20 your still at your peak, you stop growing around 23 fully done at 25.. so give it another 2-3 how ya doing and when you jump on that cycle you’ll be a beast.
    marcus300
    Good work Mickey
    I agree with waiting but not necessarily because of your age. Yes, you are young, but I did my first cycle at 21 and was fine. I’ve also known several friends who have cycled even younger with 0 complications. As long as you know what you’re doing and you are diligent about being meticulous with your cycle (down to every little detail) I don’t think there’s anything wrong with cycling at 20. Sure there are risks, but those never really go away, even when you’re older. At 20, you’re likely not gonna grow anymore so for most people that’s hardly a concern.

But like others have said, you’ve only been going at it for 2 years. At least wait 4 or so because then you will have a better idea if the risks are really worth it to you. I’ve known plenty of people that just got sick of the gym after a couple years and quit. Not saying that’s gonna be you, but you never know what life might have coming up. No sense risking your health and spending a bunch of money to cycle when it might not be worth jack shit to you another 5 years down the road.

Tasmaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofdefianceView
    I agree with waiting but not necessarily because of your age. Yes, you are young, but I did my first cycle at 21 and was fine. I’ve also known several friends who have cycled even younger with 0 complications. As long as you know what you’re doing and you are diligent about being meticulous with your cycle (down to every little detail) I don’t think there’s anything wrong with cycling at 20. Sure there are risks, but those never really go away, even when you’re older. At 20, you’re likely not gonna grow anymore so for most people that’s hardly a concern.

But like others have said, you’ve only been going at it for 2 years. At least wait 4 or so because then you will have a better idea if the risks are really worth it to you. I’ve known plenty of people that just got sick of the gym after a couple years and quit. Not saying that’s gonna be you, but you never know what life might have coming up. No sense risking your health and spending a bunch of money to cycle when it might not be worth jack shit to you another 5 years down the road.

You’re on the wrong track.
    My good mate cycled when he was young. He looked great. Benched 500lb, he was massive. Then in his mid 40s BAM! Dead. And that’s the risk. You cycle young and you **** your body up, close your growth plates and cause all sorts of problems LATER ON

MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofdefiance

I respect your input and appreciate that you’ve advised OP to wait, if for no other reason than his limited training experience.

The problem with citing anecdotal experiences is that we can find any example to support our reasons to cycle or not. Does everyone who cycles before the magic number 25 endure complications? No. Does this mean then that everyone who cycles before their endocrine system has reached maturity will not have any complications? No. Just as you cited examples of kids (sorry, young men) who cycled at young ages and haven’t had any problems (at least not that they know of YET), there are plenty of threads here from young guys who have screwed themselves up. Moreover, some of our vets here would be the first to tell you THEY DID cycle at a young age and now have permanent problems to deal with.
    I’ve met people who have smoked and never developed cancer. I’ve met people who smoked and developed cancer. I’ve met people who never smoked and did develop cancer. So what do we conclude from this? Well, I certainly would never condone smoking.
    I’m not trying to imply that taking steroids is just as dangerous as smoking….however there are risks regardless and such risks are most certainly weighted more heavily against those who manipulate their endocrine system with steroids before it has fully developed.

Again, I respect and appreciate your view and input, but I’d be very reluctant to encourage younger guys to cycle before they have reached maturity. You can take all the precautions you want and be as meticulous as possible, but you have no way of really knowing what the risks are of shutting down a developing HTPA….until it may be too late.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.