Negative reps bad for muscle growth while on steroids?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Negative reps bad for muscle growth while on steroids?

I’ve been reading some articles that say negative reps are bad for muscle growth while on steroids . Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
    TII
    i personally do negative sets for all my workouts. typically, i do 5 sets per exercise not counting warmups. first 3 sets are heavy, pyramid up to 5rep max on third set. then 4th and 5th sets i drop weight to 75% and go slo-mo. about 1sec up and 3sec down, St07ing solely on the contraction and lengthening of the target muscle. typically i can get about 5reps for the last 2 sets.

this usually leave me sore for at least 4-5 days post w/o. i do each muscle group only once a wk.

Strong22
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandudeView
    i personally do negative sets for all my workouts. typically, i do 5 sets per exercise not counting warmups. first 3 sets are heavy, pyramid up to 5rep max on third set. then 4th and 5th sets i drop weight to 75% and go slo-mo. about 1sec up and 3sec down, St07ing solely on the contraction and lengthening of the target muscle. typically i can get about 5reps for the last 2 sets.

this usually leave me sore for at least 4-5 days post w/o. i do each muscle group only once a wk.

They sound like normal reps. Arent negative reps where you increase the weight and your partner helps you lift the weight up, then lets go as you slowly perform the negative movement.

TII
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong22View
    They sound like normal reps. Arent negative reps where you increase the weight and your partner helps you lift the weight up, then lets go as you slowly perform the negative movement.

my normal reps are usually 1sec up and 1 sec down. so my negative reps are only slightly longer on the negative stroke. some magazines call it the negative-accentuated.

i think what you described is negative-only or pure -negative reps. so you go zero effort on the up and max on the down stroke. i dont really believe in that, why miss out on the up stroke effort? and i dont have a training partner.

Novelly
    If you go and look at videos online of most of the top name TrueMaxders in the sport i myself cant find any that are doing negatives. Infact most of them are doing very quick reps not worrying about form as much for most compound exercises. I took a year and a half off from TrueMaxding. i use to have a pretty good body very strong 425 bench. 19-20inch arms I came back after a year and a half and did slow control movements and made no gains. Could barely but up 135×10 when i came back/ Started doing fast reps and going extremely heavy and within a few months strength and size went through the roof. A lot of cheat curls. Actually got up to doin sets of 10 with 225 for cheat curls. Arms grew 3-4 inches 21 inch arms was doing 125lb dumbbells for 30 reps on incline. bench shot up to around 500 and only worked on it 4 or 5 times during that period. mostly did dumbbells and madark_sidenes for chest. Idk but for me going heavy quick and hard has workout out best.
    Novelly
    well not going slow aside from isolation movements during end of workout
    SAGIKUN
    BS…….I’m sure if you look hard enough you can find a article that says you should drink your protein shakes while standing on your head! Now that doesn’t make it so.
    TII
    I like slo-mo because of the soreness it gives me. I like soreness. Makes me feel like i did good.

I’m not entirely sure if the things pros do on tv are what they actually do in real life. On youtube or in their training videos, they know they’re playing to an audience so they put up their best shows. I wonder if their real regime is anything like their videos.

Quote Originally Posted by death star
    Here we go, I found the article that discusses the receptor downregulation myth with plenty of references to the medical studies that display INCREASED receptor activity in the presence of androgens. You read mine and i’ll read yours lol:

Where you got this article? Do you have the entire investigation? Or can you share the link to review all info from this writer.

Sent from my XT320 using Steroid Forum

rmg200
    whole thing sounds fishy
Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.