Steriods have changed my life

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steriods have changed my life

none
    About 2 years ago I took test for the first ever time. I hadn’t touched any drugs for 7 years as I was in a committed relationship and stuck to the straight and narrow. After that relationship broke down I started training heavily for Tough Mudder. About 10 weeks out I get appendicitis which puts me out of action for a while. My decision to take riods was based on "catching up" with my training.

That decision has had some very powerful and surprising implications for my life…

I was always confident as a teenager but when i hit 20 I started to become depressed, paranoid, and anxious. It effected everything. Part of the reason why my ex left me was because of the way I was. I didnt want to go out, I was highly irritable, I had no drive and my career was going nowhere. I lived 10 years in that nightmare.

Then BOOM … I start my first course and EVERYTHING changed. It reminds me of how Lauren Slater talks about the relief prozac gave in her book, Prozac Diary. It wasnt just a feeling either … like a nice drug feeling … the effects were tangible. I got a new job, im damn good at it and my confidence is at an all time high. I have made loads of new friends and I can do all the things i knew i had the brain to do but couldnt because my anxiety was in the way. Even simple things like recalling memories, concentrating and relaxing where things i just couldnt do before – and now i can.

Of course there is a dark side to this in that i do worry i am now dependent. I had the option many years ago to take anti depressents and chose not to for that exact reason. However, IMO you just cant compare the two. The steriod feel, for me, is so natural. I feel like myself without feeling like im high on drugs. Antidepressents come with some pretty nasty side effects.

I am considering going down the TRT route at some point – I have basically convinced myself that for such a dramatic change, I must have been deficient in test. So far in 24 months ive done 3 cycles.

Before my latest cycle i tried a low dose of 125mg 2xweek (sust), which was really alot lower because the undecanoate wouldnt have kicked in. Yet even at that level, my depression and anxiety is sufficiently held at bay for me to live a normal life.

And its not just me have steroids improved your quality of life? – Steroid and Testosterone information – UK Muscle Bodybuilding Forum

So i guess i wanted to share this and find out some other stories similar to mine. If i had a question to ask it would be this:

If i were to cycle 1-2 times per year – no more than 600mg sust for 12-16 weeks at a time – for the rest of my life, am I likely to regret it later on… either reducing the length of my life/greatly increase my chance of disability?

At the moment, Steriod use is almost certainly outweighing the problems of my former life.

Thanks in advance

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    pitweiler
    This is why it gets so addicting and no one ever does just one cycle. I love the feeling while I’m on and feel better over all as well. I agree antidepressants do have some harsh side effects. i was prescribed some as well but choose not to take them for that reason. I dont think that its a wise choice to self diagnose yourself with TRT to help with your issues. If you think that you need it, then see a doctor for it once your test levels rebound naturally and then have the doctor make that diagnosis if you need it or not. If you dont need the TRT route then dont go that route if thou dont need to. many here can vouch that.

One maybe two times a year is normal if you can give your body the proper time off from it. time on+PCT = time off. 12-maybe 14 weeks depending on if your even making gains is the norm. 16 weeks is too much IMO at least for me, i find it a waste.

i probably should have asked this first but how old are you?

Kito
    Synthetic Test is the best drug ever made
    makura
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by pitweilerView
    This is why it gets so addicting and no one ever does just one cycle. I love the feeling while I’m on and feel better over all as well. I agree antidepressants do have some harsh side effects. i was prescribed some as well but choose not to take them for that reason. I dont think that its a wise choice to self diagnose yourself with TRT to help with your issues. If you think that you need it, then see a doctor for it once your test levels rebound naturally and then have the doctor make that diagnosis if you need it or not. If you dont need the TRT route then dont go that route if thou dont need to. many here can vouch that.

One maybe two times a year is normal if you can give your body the proper time off from it. time on+PCT = time off. 12-maybe 14 weeks depending on if your even making gains is the norm. 16 weeks is too much IMO at least for me, i find it a waste.

i probably should have asked this first but how old are you?

I am 33.

You are saying many people regret going on TRT? Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by makura
    I am 33. You are saying many people regret going on TRT? Why is that?

Most people who are on TRT would rather have nice healthy natural levels of test rather than having to take meds to adark_sideeve nice healthy levels of test.

Mr.BB
    Additive persons will find addiction in anything.

Its just hormones ffs.

VUBlack
    Human nature is greedy, one lives with low test and has to deal with all the symptoms on a daily basis and feel miserable, and ones who are aware of their situation will seek to improve and may go TRT route to improve their quality of life, but others who are unaware why their lifes are sub-par/miserable would think that "this is the normal thing most people have to go trough in life and just deal with it in an uneducated fashion" , however, once ones improve their health and well being trough means of TRT – usually realizes, that somewhere in their life something went wrong that caused them to suffer low-T symptoms, and they too realize that they had full potential to have the testosterone levels that they are having now with TRT, but naturally, and thats where this looking back on one self comes in to play. I would just say deal with it and leave it at the back of your head and be happy with what you have. Its just another routine you have to do in addition to all others in your life, like eating, bathing, brushing your teeth etc. Like BB said, its just hormones

saucerking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BBView

Its just hormones ffs.

Lol "just hormones". That’s what all humans pretty much are. Just bodies made up of hormones.

Mr.BB
    Quote Originally Posted by saucerkingView
    Lol "just hormones". That’s what all humans pretty much are. Just bodies made up of hormones.

Seems your biological knowledge of our bodies is a bit limited.

makura
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BBView

Its just hormones ffs.

Thats a bit insensitive. I dont take drugs, drink much, or gamble.

Ive had a noticeable problem for many years. It made me lose the love of my life and damped my career prospects.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.