Steroids for knee injury

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroids for knee injury

I have recently re-torn my ACL and am looking towards steroids as a way to recover from it. Since I had surgery and all the swelling that comes with I have next to no muscle on my right leg. The problem is with no ACL the best way to provide stability to the knee is to have very strong leg muscles. Steroids to me looks to be a good option as far as building my leg muscles back up from nothing to exceptionally strong so I can once again enjoy physical tasks that I could use to do.

The next problem is I have no clue about steroids at all, I have read up on some of the risks but that’s about it. If someone with a good knowledge of steroids could recommend what to do, barring I only need to build up a lot of muscle in my leg, not looking to become a pro bodybuilder or anything so I probably dont need to stack or take anything that strong, but any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
    MuscleInk
    Have you started any PT since surgery? I would advise against steroids right now. PT and slowly rebuilding your muscle in the gym with proper light exercise is the proper pace of recovering function. Steroids could lead to more damage.

TII
    Was it a reconstruction surgery or just debridement?
    NoACL
    Yes, I started PT after the surgery but re-tearing again has sent me back to square 1. So you recommend just continuing with the PT gaining muscle, then could I potentially take steroids after to further increase the strength?

NoACL
    Quote Originally Posted by TIIView
    Was it a reconstruction surgery or just debridement?

full reco

MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by NoACL
    Yes, I started PT after the surgery but re-tearing again has sent me back to square 1. So you recommend just continuing with the PT gaining muscle, then could I potentially take steroids after to further increase the strength?

Yes, I would recommend working through PT right now. Peptides might help but I’d St07 on regaining basic function and strength before jumping the gun. If you take anything that builds muscle mass before you’ve had time to heal and recovery, you could set yourself back further.

I know it’s aggravating. I blew out my ACL years ago and still have no ACL in my right knee.

Do a good 4-6 months of PT, and take that time to read up on AAS. After 4-6 months post here with your progress and reevaluate your situation. The key here is patience.

I did 5 years of PT for my back along with multiple minor surgeries and lots of painful shots before I got back in the gym (still lots of pain though). Now I’m on my first of what I hope to be many cycles and I am enjoying the hell out of it.

Best of luck to you.

NoACL
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInkView
    Yes, I would recommend working through PT right now. Peptides might help but I’d St07 on regaining basic function and strength before jumping the gun. If you take anything that builds muscle mass before you’ve had time to heal and recovery, you could set yourself back further.

I know it’s aggravating. I blew out my ACL years ago and still have no ACL in my right knee.

Haha another bro without ACL. Have you found that your knee is fine without an ACL and have you tried playing sports on it? I can’t afford another reco right now but if my knee is good down the road I might not even opt for surgery even when I can afford it.

MuscleInk
    Haha another bro without ACL. Have you found that your knee is fine without an ACL and have you tried playing sports on it? I can’t afford another reco right now but if my knee is good down the road I might not even opt for surgery even when I can afford it.

I had a very long conversation with a surgeon two years ago. We discussed several options. The autograft seemed like the best long term solution but also the longest and most painful recovery. The allograft was the second choice – faster recovery but not as permanent. The hamstring resection was discussed but the prognosis was not favorable enough IMO. I opted to put off all surgery for now – possibly indefinitely.

As far as sports, my workouts aren’t really affected although I am more cautious about the load capacity on my leg work. Leg extensions put more strain on the knee than leg presses or squats. I used to play hockey for 15 years up until semi-pro but that’s in the past. For any sport that requires lateral displacements, I have a good Ortho-brace that restricts knee movements.

NoACL
    I had a very long conversation with a surgeon two years ago. We discussed several options. The autograft seemed like the best long term solution but also the longest and most painful recovery. The allograft was the second choice – faster recovery but not as permanent. The hamstring resection was discussed but the prognosis was not favorable enough IMO. I opted to put off all surgery for now – possibly indefinitely.

As far as sports, my workouts aren’t really affected although I am more cautious about the load capacity on my leg work. Leg extensions put more strain on the knee than leg presses or squats. I used to play hockey for 15 years up until semi-pro but that’s in the past. For any sport that requires lateral displacements, I have a good Ortho-brace that restricts knee movements.

Cheers mate. I am stupidly still looking to try and play football again next year, maybe getting my knee muscles really strong and wearing that brace you mentioned could work? I also read that Dejuan Blair the NBA player is playing with no ACL’s in both knees, so it seems a possibility.

MuscleInk
    Cheers mate. I am stupidly still looking to try and play football again next year, maybe getting my knee muscles really strong and wearing that brace you mentioned could work? I also read that Dejuan Blair the NBA player is playing with no ACL’s in both knees, so it seems a possibility.

It’s not impossible. Some guys do make a comeback. Everyone is different. I still play hockey but just recreationally. I personally think having an intact/reconstructed ACL would be better if you wanted to play again but I know a few people without an ACL who resume sports – but rarely contact sports. A few friends of mine still run marathons but for enjoyment not for competition.

renepjd
    Marathon for enjoyment? You drinking MI?
    MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by renepjd
    Marathon for enjoyment? You drinking MI?

Right!?! Those skinny marathon freaks are loopy. I pick stuff and put it down. They run for enjoyment.

If I’m running its because I’m being chased.

renepjd
    Right!?! Those skinny marathon freaks are loopy. I pick stuff and put it down. They run for enjoyment.

If I’m running its because I’m being chased.

Or your late for a meal….

MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by renepjd
    Or your late for a meal….

I don’t stop eating….that way I’m never late for a meal.

NoACL

Hey, its been a few weeks and I have gotten full function back in my knee and am making good strength gains in the gym. You mentioned making taking some peptides, could you say which ones you would recommend and what are the side effects?

Cheers

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.