Steroid use for older novices?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Steroid use for older novices?

Hey folks – I’m interested in advice relating to steroid use for an older man who has never used steroids before. I just started TRT about six months ago and I’m looking to supplement the testosterone . I looked at some of the "novice cycles" on the web site and I have a few questions.

First, a bit of background. I’m 6’1", currently 210 lbs, and I have been low-T most of my life, and this has been getting worse as I get older. My T-level was down to 135 ng/dL at one point, I was getting an erection about once every 2 months, I had no energy, high social anxiety, inability to develop muscle mass (my personal trainer from 12 years ago said I was the hardest gainer he’d ever met) and other problems associated with low-T.

Six months ago I found a doctor who was willing to put me on testosterone cypionate , I’ve been injecting 200mg every 2 weeks. For the first 6 weeks everything was great – my libido was way up (like rewinding the clock 30 years), my mood improved, I was more assertive, and I was making great progress in the gym – for the first time in my life I was seeing measurable increases in my biceps!

However, after the second month it seems like I hit a wall – even though my blood T level is pretty high now (998 ng/dL), I was getting no more gains in the gym, libido down (say, one erection per week), and just generally not feeling the good effects that I had been feeling initially.

Unfortunately, my doctor won’t let me increase the dose of testosterone any higher, so I was wondering what’s a good stack / cycle to combine with the prescription that I have, or if that’s even the route I should take.

Here are my goals: I’m not looking to be a world-class bodybuilder, but I’d like to gain more muscle mass than I have. My goal is to be at least "above average" in build. I do enjoy working out in the gym, but I like it better when I’m making actual progress. I’m also looking for that increased libido and mood that I felt before.

I don’t care about hypogonadism – I actually prefer the smaller testicles, they were always getting in the way anyway. I have a little bit of acne since I started the TRT, but it’s manageable.

Since I’m new to this, I’d prefer a course of action that’s simple and easy to do – I don’t want to have to follow a complicated formula. We can assume the 200mg per 2 weeks testosterone cypionate as a baseline foundation, the question is what to add to it and on what schedule.

One thing I’m concerned about is the recovery cycle: it seems that most of the cycles posted on the web site are designed to allow the body’s natural T production to re-establish itself. However, in my case that’s not going to happen – my natural T production is so low, even under normal conditions, that it might as well be nonexistent. Stopping the injections won’t make my body produce T again, because it wasn’t producing T before. So I think that whatever cycle I adopt should take that into account.

Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
    Martens
    Welcome to the forum! There is a really good thread in the educational stickies by musitiontinite called how to plan and execute a successful first cycle……this will help you out immensely. Once you have looked it over a few times, you can post up your proposed cycle, goals and diet so we can get you on track.
    testluva
    Add some HCG to your TRT. Also if your taking to much Arimidex this could cause very low estrogen and a little ED.

Simon1972
    first of all, dont jump into a cycle until you have your base trt dialed in correctly.

you need to maintain your current course and post up bloodwork including ranges on this forum so we can guide you.

we also need to know what you are taking beside Cypionate – medication wise as it could have an impact- this may include depression medication, aromatase inhibitors etc. any supplements.

once you get sorted as a base, then you can entertain the idea of increasing testosterone . otherwise you willbe back at square one after your cycle.

be patient and stay involved,

lovbyts
    1st things 1st. Join the trt section and get active. I guarantee you will learn a lot.
    eali87
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    1st things 1st. Join the try section and get active. I guarantee you will learn a lot.

trt*

lovbyts
    Quote Originally Posted by eali87View
    trt*

Thanks, stupid auto correct.

eali87
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Thanks, stupid auto correct.

lol no problem

viridia
    Yeah, I wasn’t sure which forum was the appropriate one to post in, since my question involves not only TRT but TrueMaxding and use of other steroids as well.

viridia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972View
    first of all, dont jump into a cycle until you have your base trt dialed in correctly.

you need to maintain your current course and post up bloodwork including ranges on this forum so we can guide you.

we also need to know what you are taking beside Cypionate – medication wise as it could have an impact- this may include depression medication, aromatase inhibitors etc. any supplements.

once you get sorted as a base, then you can entertain the idea of increasing testosterone . otherwise you willbe back at square one after your cycle.

be patient and stay involved,

Well, the very first question is whether I should bother cycling at all. Since I’m going to be taking testosterone regularly for the rest of my life anyway, it doesn’t matter if my natural production of testosterone shuts down completely. In that case, what’s the benefit of stopping and starting?

Other medications: For the last 8 months I have been taking no other medications, not even vitamins.

I’m not going to be able to increase my testosterone dose (unless I find a different doctor, which is unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by viridia
    Well, the very first question is whether I should bother cycling at all. Since I’m going to be taking testosterone regularly for the rest of my life anyway, it doesn’t matter if my natural production of testosterone shuts down completely. In that case, what’s the benefit of stopping and starting? Other medications: For the last 8 months I have been taking no other medications, not even vitamins. I’m not going to be able to increase my testosterone dose (unless I find a different doctor, which is unlikely).

Steroids don’t only negatively affect endogenous testosterone production. They can, keyword can, negatively affect your cholesterol levels, RBC count, joints, liver, etc. Be informed about any compound you use and the negative impacts it could have on your body. Weigh out the risks and benefits and then take the necessary precautions to minimize all the risks that you can.

don trawolta
    Having been on TRT for 7 years, I kind of understand what your describing. First, I would look at your free testosterone . The total is somewhat insignificant. For reference, my doctor wants to keep it around 50.
    I know from experience that if you estrogen level is too low, getting a boner is next to impossible so take a look at that as well.
    Maybe your estrogen is too high. Usually when you first go on, it goes up but it’s individual. I happen to have more than average aromatase enzyme. You might, too.
    If you can get that all straightened out, your libido should be OK.
    How long have you been married to the same woman? LOL
    Now for your second goal. Maybe you just need to switch up your training/diet. If you’ve been with the same trainer for 11 years maybe his methods just aren’t working anymore. If you look at one of my post, I found that I was getting stronger and still growing a little with test of 138 and free 14.
    I would always look at training/diet first. If that’s not right, all the gear in the world won’t help.

Puff
    Post in our TRT section

Hormone Replacement Therapy – Low Testosterone Treatment, Anti-Aging

Never mind anout a cycle just now get your trt sorted first this can take up to a year.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.