Oral steroids and liver toxicology

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Oral steroids and liver toxicology

Ill give some brief background of myself. I am 29 years old, 6’4, 225 lb white male. I finished my athletic career about 3 years ago. I have continued training but have lost some of my about 20 lbs in size, some strength and athleticism from my playing days so I was considering the use of steroids to help gain size and strength again.

I have a doctorate degree and I believe heavily on evidence based decisions, however its hard to find good evidence on steroid studies. I know the claim with oral steroids is the "first pass" creates more problems for the liver, however I have found some studies on oral steroids where liver enzymes returned to normal after 3 months. It seems the government funded studies would like people to believe otherwise, but from what Ive found it looks to me that it is the abuse not the use that can lead to harmful side effects .

So based on my limited knowledge and the expertise that can be found here, I had a number of questions.

1) I have no interest at this time for injections (hate needles and just don’t do them) so is it even worth while to use oral steroids? It seems oral steroids have only been used in conjuction with a injectable steroid to make a cycle , if I can only do an oral is it just stupid and i shouldnt bother?

2) If using only an oral is acceptable, what is the best options for strength and size. i’ve read a lot about D-bol being a favorite along with a building up phasing out dosage scheme, what would the best dosage scheme be?

3) If you are only using the correct perscribed amount of an oral steroid for the correct time frame, does it have a negative effect on the liver and kidneys or is that effect more closely related to those that abuse and over dose for to long a time period.

4) Lastly, does anyone have any peer reviewed studies related to anabolicsteroid use , either positive or negative results?

Thank you for your time, if you are able to help out I appreciate it. If I need to add information or clarify anything please let me know.

Nick

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    Lunk1
    Without getting too scientific about the toxicity of the orals, I will say that one of the biggest issues is that ALL orals will suppress/shut down natty test production based on dosage. This is why ppl still need to uses Test with orals such as dbol or winnie or Var.

While their are a few oral or topical tests available they dont really compare to an injectable.

As far as oral effects on liver.. if your liver is already healthy and you stay within a reasonable dosage amount and time the liver is very good about recovering on it’s own.

nilrac
    Having ran a Tbol only cycle myself, I would actually recommend it. I made smaller, but good quality gains in terms of size. I made great strength gains and had no obvious side effects other than my temper being worse than usual , maybe through lack of test! I ran a light PCT and I recovered quickly. I’d probably do it again, though injectables are the way to go for bigger, better results, but nonetheless I enjoyed the results from my tbol only cycle.
    Marten
    if you are that opposed to needles i would skip the idea of aas altogether really. test is good stuff man, it’s worth facing the fear.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.