Gain muscle and lose fat? Possible?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Gain muscle and lose fat? Possible?

So I’m still planning/debating my first cycle and think I’m ready. My question is=can I gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? I’ve done the bulk/cut thing for years (natty) and know how that works for me. I’m 47, 5-9, 156 @ about 13% bf right now. I know I can bulk at 1.5 lbs per week and be at 180 in 5-6 months; but I’ll end up at 17%. Am I expecting too much to think that my first cycle of 300mg test E for 10 weeks will provide anything different? Will I lose fat and gain muscle or will I still end up at 17%?
    I guess I was just hoping for some fat loss too.
    Possible?
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    Angry_jew
    With a great diet and the right drugs, absolutely. With 300mg/wk of test only, I wouldn’t hold your breath for super dramatic results. Then again, you’re a fair bit older than a lot of the guys on this forum so you may get a lot out of that test if you’ve been working with natural test levels at your age.
    VUBlack
    I dare say unless you eat at maintenance or just slight kcal deficit and then you barely need up to 200mg test if you choose to run test at all – you should maintain your muscle mass and should lose fat but not gonna gain muscle and loose fat at the same time unless you stack shit load of gear, and it’s lengthy equation…

Also if you chose to keep you bf level constant – you can go on lean bulk watdark_sideng your maBambs closely but dont expect anything dramatic, its a long game.

Im sure more experienced folks will advice better so keep an eye for more replies

musclestack
    First, I wouldn’t recommend nearly anyone to use AAS with those stats, however, I can only imagine how hard it is to gain LBM in your late 40s, so I digress. If I were you, I would do a lean bulk. Remember, if you can put on LBM without gaining adipose tissue, your body fat percentage will drop. I would start at 500 cals over maintenance and adjust from there. If you’re putting on too much fat, decrease the cals a bit until you find your sweet spot. If done right, you should grow nicely with minimal fat gain. After PCT is over, take a few weeks to shed the unwanted pounds. Good luck!

P.S. To answer your question, yes, it is possible but, unless your diet is spot on, it can be extremely difficult to get desired results.

sportboy2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFoView
    So I’m still planning/debating my first cycle and think I’m ready. My question is=can I gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? I’ve done the bulk/cut thing for years (natty) and know how that works for me. I’m 47, 5-9, 156 @ about 13% bf right now. I know I can bulk at 1.5 lbs per week and be at 180 in 5-6 months; but I’ll end up at 17%. Am I expecting too much to think that my first cycle of 300mg test E for 10 weeks will provide anything different? Will I lose fat and gain muscle or will I still end up at 17%?
    I guess I was just hoping for some fat loss too.
    Possible?

Not possible.

Proximal
    Why not initiate TRT – see how you respond with lower doses & no need for PCT?
    MoFo
    ^^I thought of that too and haven’t done too much homework on it but from what I hear, insurance does not cover it and its pretty expensive? I called a center near me and the 1st consultation was $800 and $200/month after that forever. Does that sound about right?
    And thank you all for replies; much appreciated. I’m not looking for stage prep results, just a little help. I’ve busted my ass natty for 33 years; it’s my turn now.
    VUBlack
    Checked your bloods lately? If your bellow average You could do amazing well long term just on trt dose man. .. theres always more when it comes to this but bw would be good place to start, maybe youre above average with your hormones which can be a great benefit not needing trt just playing with diet and cardio
    Phillygymrat
    I think it’s a huge myth that you cannot gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. It’s called recomping (short for body recomposition) and I’ve done it numerous times, naturally throughout my twenty years of training. I have trained others to do the same and they have gotten nice results as well. It isn’t easy and your diet & training have to be pretty disciplined but it can be done naturally without AAS. However, results can be dramatically better with test, even lower doses.
    Phillygymrat
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFoView
    ^^I thought of that too and haven’t done too much homework on it but from what I hear, insurance does not cover it and its pretty expensive? I called a center near me and the 1st consultation was $800 and $200/month after that forever. Does that sound about right?
    And thank you all for replies; much appreciated. I’m not looking for stage prep results, just a little help. I’ve busted my ass natty for 33 years; it’s my turn now.

I think you may have been misinformed. My family doc prescribed TRT for me and my insurance does cover it. Although my standard co-pay is doubled from $20 to $40. So it only costs me $40 for a months supply. If you are in the U.S. then your insurance should cover it. I would recommend seeing your family doctor. Apparently, it is a very common question for them and if your levels are low they will generally prescribe it and your insurance will cover the bulk of the cost. If your doc is hesitant then find another family practitioner. I would stay away from centers since your family doc is more than capable of handling this matter. In addition, your insurance will cover the family doctor visit as well.

The doc will probably even have free samples of TRT meds to give you. Mine gave me a few months of meds for free for me to try out before I fully committed. The drug manufacturers are all fighting to corner this market since this a HUGE up and coming market. Thus they are giving free samples and coupons to doctors by the truck load.

Finally, ask your doc to prescribe Axiron, which is a gel that is applied to the armpits. Then go the Axiron website and print out their coupon. The coupon pays your co-pay minus $25 for 12 months. So essentially, you can get a months supply for $25 every month for a year.

I am 42 and TRT has changed my life. My test levels were low and I had very low energy and almost no libido before TRT. Now I feel like I did ten years ago. If your levels truly are low then I would recommend seeing your doc. Perhaps you could benefit as much as I did.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.