Does steroids increase chance of muscle tear?

Forums ANABOLIC STEROIDS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Does steroids increase chance of muscle tear?

is it true that bec. of steroids , the muscle gain is increased thus increasing chances of muscle tear?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    death star
    This is true only if you attempt anabolic steroid use when you do not have a number of years of solid training naturally behind you. The muscles while on anabolic steroids can grow rapidly, but the connective tissue such as joints, tendons, etc. do not keep up with the rapid growth. It is only with consistent natural training beforehand for a few years that you can ensure the joints, connective tissue, and even muscle itself has matured enough to now be able to withstand larger force generations output during a cycle where rapid gains in strength and size occur from anabolic steroid use. The tearing of connective and muscle occurs only with improper form and fast repetitions during exercise and/or in muscle that has not yet matured naturally to be ready for the accelerated growth from anabolic steroids .

A’s hit it right on the head. My first cycle was in my 40’s with 25+ years of hard training under my belt. I got so strong so fast I freaked out. I tried to overhead press too much weight and tore up my shoulder. This is an experienced guy that just went nuts for a minute and got hurt. You’re going to get strong with steroids no doubt about it. You need to be able to take your new found power with mature reasoning. If you’re like me you’re gonna get hurt. I’ve learned over the years to be moderate in the steroids as well as the training and to listen to my body.

Times Roman
    AAS does increase the risk of injuring your tendons. Tendon strength reallly lags muscular strength the first few years, and is one of the more common injuries from guys that take steroids too soon

MuscleInk
    All are correct above and I have partially torn a muscle while using gear. It’s not only extremely unpleasant but sets you back by keeping you out of the gym while you recover.

This is precisely why the knowledgable members on this board will discourage new anabolic users if they haven’t been training for at least two years, preferably three.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02View
    A’s hit it right on the head. My first cycle was in my 40’s with 25+ years of hard training under my belt. I got so strong so fast I freaked out. I tried to overhead press too much weight and tore up my shoulder. This is an experienced guy that just went nuts for a minute and got hurt. You’re going to get strong with steroids no doubt about it. You need to be able to take your new found power with mature reasoning. If you’re like me you’re gonna get hurt. I’ve learned over the years to be moderate in the steroids as well as the training and to listen to my body.

I did the same thing except I had about 5-6 years of solid training under my belt but also a long period of only semi regular workouts (broke my back re-hitting my deadlift PR). My first cycle started about 6 months into regular training and at week 4 when the 750mg test kicked in everything just felt so light….and I had some sort of euphoric feeling as well….so I just kept going up and then boom…tore my rhomboid and messed up my shoulder a bit. Now 4 months of drugs and physical therapy later and I’m almost healed up. I did legs yesterday and will be doing arms today (second arms workout since it happened) and depending on how much it hurts to do push movements I might try to hit chest this Wednesday.

If you’re not completely solid AND mature/controlled then don’t cycle. Even if you possess those traits you still run the risk of injury.

Good luck.

MuscleInk
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance1
    I did the same thing except I had about 5-6 years of solid training under my belt but also a long period of only semi regular workouts (broke my back re-hitting my deadlift PR). My first cycle started about 6 months into regular training and at week 4 when the 750mg test kicked in everything just felt so light….and I had some sort of euphoric feeling as well….so I just kept going up and then boom…tore my rhomboid and messed up my shoulder a bit. Now 4 months of drugs and physical therapy later and I’m almost healed up. I did legs yesterday and will be doing arms today (second arms workout since it happened) and depending on how much it hurts to do push movements I might try to hit chest this Wednesday.

If you’re not completely solid AND mature/controlled then don’t cycle. Even if you possess those traits you still run the risk of injury.

Good luck.

Good point P1. Illustrates that even with years of training, there are no guarantees with gear. I’ve been training off and on since I was 19 and then consistently (5 days a week) for 4 1/2 years before I touched gear for the first time at 39 years of age. I think my injury was my body’s way of telling me I’m not a 20-something young man anymore and not to over do things!!!!! Lol

SAGIKUN
    Yes..
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.